Venture Surplus ad

This whole impeachment thing could turn out bad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    While there are things I cannot condone about Trump, I can find no reason (Biblical or otherwise) that voting for any of the Democratic field would be a better moral choice as a Christian. Quite the opposite, in fact. Liberals are quite hostile to Christianity, if you haven't noticed.

I did not vote for Trump in the primaries. But when it comes to 2020, I will choose the better option even though not perfect.
    Well they are hostile to all Christians except the useful idiots. Much like all on the left.
    Target Sports

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While there are things I cannot condone about Trump, I can find no reason (Biblical or otherwise) that voting for any of the Democratic field would be a better moral choice as a Christian. Quite the opposite, in fact. Liberals are quite hostile to Christianity, if you haven't noticed.

I did not vote for Trump in the primaries. But when it comes to 2020, I will choose the better option even though not perfect.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I could never vote for a 2020 Democratic candidate (not the current ones, at least).
    Nor can I imagine ever again voting for Mr. Trump as a matter of personal principle and morally driven conscience for the reasons so accurately and eloquently stated in that Christianity Today editorial.

My dream and my prayer is that Mr. Trump step aside and make way for an honorable, respectable and moral conservative GOP man or woman.
    Surely we need a candidate who can heal some of our divisive societal lacerations.

Mr. Trump's tweet-borne characterization of Christianity Today and being a "far left magazine" is quite a compelling and furtive peek into the distorted reality of his psyche. Is he becoming quite thoroughly dissociated from reality?
    https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december/
    And NO! I a not discussing religion.

Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I agree wholeheartedly.

I could never vote for a 2020 Democratic candidate (not the current ones, at least).
    Nor can I imagine ever again voting for Mr. Trump as a matter of personal principle and morally driven conscience for the reasons so accurately and eloquently stated in that Christianity Today editorial.

My dream and my prayer is that Mr. Trump step aside and make way for an honorable, respectable and moral conservative GOP man or woman.
    Surely we need a candidate who can heal some of our divisive societal lacerations.

Mr. Trump's tweet-borne characterization of Christianity Today and being a "far left magazine" is quite a compelling and furtive peek into the distorted reality of his psyche. Is he becoming quite thoroughly dissociated from reality?
    https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december/
    And NO! I a not discussing religion.

Spare me all the sanctimonious babbling about principles and morally-driven conscience and all the rest of it. Nothing more off-putting than pious condescension. IMO it's just a veil that some use to hide their true ideals. If you've been voting for any length of time at all, you've assuredly voted for those far worse morally than Trump AND who did far less in terms of actually governing and moving things in the right direction for the country. Trump is not our dad, nor our spiritual advisor/priest/preacher/reverend. He is our president tasked with doing things others (including his predecessor) have said were impossible and sometimes require a very hard line. And thus far, has pulled much of it off or at least gotten things moving in the right direction.

And yes, I read the opinion piece and like most of them, it states their opinion as fact which is not fact at all. In other words, propaganda...*gasp*.....even from a Christian mag. Won't fundamentally change anything.

An analogy......my dad is quite politically astute and active grew up in OK and often tells a story about a state rep they had from his small district back in the mid 20th century. He was cantankerous, rude, offensive and just an all-around a-hole. BUT by God, he was productive and got shit done for his district and his constituency like no other, therefore got elected over and over and over until he finally hung it up.

His name escapes me so I'll call him John Doe. They had a saying about him that went like this...…"John Doe is a son of a bitch......but he's OUR son of a bitch."

That's a pretty good parallel for Trump. Not always the nicest, most passive easygoing person gets the job done. In fact oftentimes it's the exact opposite.

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Spare me all the sanctimonious babbling ......even from a Christian mag. Won't fundamentally change anything....

I believe it will give preachers and ministers, from this Sunday and thereafter, a responsible license to address the profoundly immoral, lost and confused man we have elected president.

Ethical and moral misdeeds of past leaders mustn't be a permit for present and future leaders to persist in such misconduct.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Agreed, he may not be who we want, but he has shown to be who we need.

Right, there is a difference between a want and a need. This is something I have been telling my kids since they were able to understand. Want's will not give you the satisfaction or the result you were looking for. Needs will sustain you, give you comfort and satisfaction.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I believe it will give preachers and ministers, from this Sunday and thereafter, a responsible license to address the profoundly immoral, lost and confused man we have elected president.

Ethical and moral misdeeds of past leaders mustn't be a permit for present and future leaders to persist in such misconduct.

Nice cut and paste job....but nope. Won't change a thing. What's the misconduct you are referring to again?

Immoral? Not for me to judge. Lost and confused? You and those like you fucking wish...lmao....

I see unemployment at an all time low.....at least in my lifetime. Finally getting energy independent and not reliant on countries who hate us. Finally expanding instead of eliminating the middle class, which I know is not popular in academia circles where you reside. Then there's the whole freedom thing. Lost and confused dudes don't get this shit done, period.

Stay on that high horse, though. It suits you and those like you. Know more than I care to. Just be honest about why you hate the guy. And IMO it has nothing to do with morals.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Nice cut and paste job....but nope. Won't change a thing. What's the misconduct you are referring to again?

Immoral? Not for me to judge. Lost and confused? You and those like you fucking wish...lmao....

I see unemployment at an all time low.....at least in my lifetime. Finally getting energy independent and not reliant on countries who hate us. Finally expanding instead of eliminating the middle class, which I know is not popular in academia circles where you reside. Then there's the whole freedom thing. Lost and confused dudes don't get this shit done, period.

Stay on that high horse, though. It suits you and those like you. Know more than I care to. Just be honest about why you hate the guy. And IMO it has nothing to do with morals.
    This, he is hated by the Dem pols and the MSM because he has interfered with their con of the American people. And dopes hate him because they don't like the way he talks and because they have been brainwashed by the Dems and the MSM. I got a message for all of them he has flaws just like we all do, but he loves his country and its citizens and has had to endure slander, 2 coup attempts and has still managed to beat every one in the corrupt worthless media, the corrupt in his own party and the corrupt worthless Democrats and he is going to win in 2020 so get ready snowflakes.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    To me his success is a result of his personality. The guy who spends his efforts trying to be nice isn't trying to get things done. He's, at least in my opinion from what I can determine 1450 miles away, not being an ahole as much as he's unwilling to pander to your sensitivities if you're in the way of his accomplishments. I can respect that, and I can fully relate to it.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

You must have a church full of sheeple if you think a preacher is going to preach those politics and get them to believe it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

I did not vote trump in the primary either. It was exciting to see so many people waiting a couple hours to vote. The general election was the same. Not in my lifetime have I seen so many people voting in the primary.

Even if I despised Trump, which isnt that big of a strech at times, I would rather die a death of a thousand days of agony than vote for those bastards on the left.

As president Trump has been powerfully effective. As a good person? Not so much but I get Dr Phill reruns on 17 channels so I can soothe my Trump thumb there if needed.

I look at it like this, you know those fire alarms or emergency equipment stored behind glass that says break in case of emergency? They dont store tissues and tampons in there rather they have aggressive tools for aggressive force of action to save lives.

There are certain soldiers who people joke about storing the same way, break in case of war. They dont collect for the salvation army when needed.

Trump was exactly what was needed at the time. He ain't perfect, I probably couldnt stand him as a person but he is exactly what was needed. Buffoonery ego warts n all.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ....You and those like you fucking wish...lmao....Stay on that high horse, though. It suits you and those like you. ....

Yes. OK.

high-horse.png

Back from date night with the wife.
    Warm at the river place in the Republic.
    Listening to "I'm With Her" by the fire pit.
    Vocal harmonies of those three young women enthrall me.
    Life is good.

G'nite.

Attachments

• high-horse.png
      high-horse.png
      15.1 KB · Views: 330
    Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The last few tweets that Trump made with promos of himself, on the surface they look, if nothing else, egotistical. Thing is, they drove the TDS left insane, and it was absolutely hilarious to watch their reactions. I'm sure Trump is egotistical, but he also knows how to push your buttons if you let him. Another point, around the same time, he appointed more judges.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Our resident liberal, HKS, is merely grasping for something to justify his stance.

Christians need to wake up. The liberals are already persecuting Christians where they control the government (think West Coast). Go ahead and put those left wing liberals in office, HKS, and see what that does to even the "religious" liberals like you.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Classic Sun Tzu, cause confusion among your enemy. Find their weakness and exploit it. Make them defend one area while you attack another.

The left's biggest weakness, besides their being inept and stupidity, is their hatred of Trump.

He uses it against them well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    This was filmed day before the vote in the House.

Some might consider this too long to watch but it is very informative. If you don’t watch the whole thing, the first 15 minutes or so are really good. Sen. Cruz does a good job of explaining the articles of impeachment against President Trump.

I think two who have posted in this thread would do well to watch.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This was filmed day before the vote in the House.

Some might consider this too long to watch but it is very informative. If you don’t watch the whole thing, the first 15 minutes or so are really good. Sen. Cruz does a good job of explaining the articles of impeachment against President Trump.

I think two who have posted in this thread would do well to watch.

I believe I posted that elsewhere, but the whole hour or so was great.

Top Bottom