• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OOOH.....Me likes this thread! This is the kind of thing that I love! That's a great job in restoration and it's a worthy venture.

I dated a lady named Rita who used to live in Iowa. Her family farm was being sold, so we took a trip out there so she could have one last look around.

We had mixed feelings about seeing the place where she grew up but we both enjoyed it.

In one of the barns, there was a huge "Simplex" (Ohio) vise. The thing was massive but it rang my bell. I asked her if I could take it home. She replied "Yes" so I stuffed it in the trunk of the car. Rita is long gone, but I still have that beautiful vise and use it almost every day!

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I looked at Craigs List in Dallas after seeing this thread for the first time. There's a market for these old vises just like cast iron skillets. Would love to find either one of them at a great price. Guess I have to start going to garage sales.
    There's a market for any old made in America tool or garage paraphernalia. Keep an eye out for any hand tools by SK, Proto, Klein, Cornwell, Matco, Mac, Snap-On, etc.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think I "acquired" this from a Junior High being demo'd, I've had it so long I can't remember. It weighs @ 20lbs. with 5"W jaws and 6" opening.

There is no mfg. name on it unless it's on the base, just 2 or 3 series of numbers on the sides. I mounted it on the plank so we could use it at Hicksville meets.

Does anyone recognize it?

Last edited by a moderator:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I think I "acquired" this from a Junior High being demo'd, I've had it so long I can't remember. It weighs @ 20lbs. with 5"W jaws and 6" opening.

There is no mfg. name on it unless it's on the base, just 2 or 3 series of numbers on the sides. I mounted it on the plank so we could use it at Hicksville meets.

Does anyone recognize it?
    Looks like a Wilton.

Last edited by a moderator:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I should really finish a project before getting another.

um6Irk.jpg

M1r4BY.jpg

8ZmoZw.jpg

k1akOB.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Don't you touch that. That's a patina you can't copy. Let it show its age. It's like painting a plow. Ugh.

The vice is kewl to restore. You've gonna use it. I can't see you chopping sugar cane. It's a wall hanger as is.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom