• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotta do alittle venting and will try to keep my language reasonable.

I work with a legal green card immagrant. Fine with me, wanna go the legal route then come on, whatever. BUT DON'T BITCH ABOUT HOW WE DO THINGS. This guy(Armondo) thinks I care, or may even agree with him, when he whines about how illegals are treated like criminals. THEY ARE, I usually don't get sucked in to his crap, just ignore him and go on because I've found common sense is not part of his reasoning. We are working in Ft. Worth now which is and hour and a half drive from our normal area. To me, whatever, i got a job. Also have a female added to our crew which is strange, not generally the line of work they prefer but whatever, she does her best.

Yesterday she was a no call/no show and claims she woke up with a bad anxiety attack. I call BS but it don't hurt my feelings cause she's an extra person on the crew and didn't hurt us, the GF can deal with it, not my problem. Armando is all tore up about it but doesn't seem to think she should be here anyways. Again, I dont care. Until he starts going on about how its not real, no such thing.

I don't ''suffer from anxiety but there are things that make me very uneasy, usually charges going off at a quarry and similar sounds, just a real bad feeling, sometimes for no reason at all. So I don't feel anxiety is nothing. He decides he's gonna explain how nobody has these problems in Mexico and America is letting people do this or that implying that we are weaker in some way. It just pissed me off. I decide screw being PC and tell him if he don't like it here, I'll get him a life jacket and he can swim back home. If he doesn't like my country he can leave.

Now he's tells me its not my country, I didn't pay for it and I don't own it. We went back and forth a couple times and he spouts off that I need to watch out or somethin's gonna happen. I ask him what (Like it wasn't obvious) and he tells me "somethin' your not gonna like. Now I'm being threatened in MY country for standing up for MY country. Now I'm pissed off. So I explain to him very nicely '' FU, I wrote a check, paid for this country with 18 months of my life getting shot at and mortared, wtf have you done to earn your spot here, I offered my F'ing life, more than you've ever given for anything, and your little threat is supposed to scare me. He walked off at this point and we didn't say much the rest of the day.

Its still burning me up for some reason. Maybe an over reaction but not the first time I've had to hear his crap so I guess it's been building, and the not my country crap ain't gonna flow.

I wanna say thanks again to all the others who have stood up to protect what we have, and to those who have paid much more than I. God bless America and all of our troops and veterans!

Think I feel alittle better now
    Lynx Defense

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I "get" the sentiment, but mostly glossed over what you wrote...punctuation, sentence structures and paragraphs ARE your friend!

Not trying to bust on you - normally when I see that kind of thing I just go on to the next post, but I sincerely think I'd want to more deeply read - and comment - on what you had to say.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    I "get" the sentiment, but mostly glossed over what you wrote...punctuation, sentence structures and paragraphs ARE your friend!

Not trying to bust on you - normally when I see that kind of thing I just go on to the next post, but I sincerely think I'd want to more deeply read - and comment - on what you had to say.

+1

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    It was a hard read but I understand your feelings/perspective on this. Seems your buttons were pushed hard and you were letting out a couple things that you had been keeping in. Hope the vent helped and remember, he is just one of a larger group. Sorry you had to get stuck with one of the ones at the bottom of the barrel.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    remember when June Cleaver was on airplane, and spoke Jive?

yeah - we need her! :)

i kid i kid....i dont know the age of the OP but i think - if he's around the same age as my either of my sons (22 and 26) that it's a part of this generation - this is how they write - not sure if it's an internet thing or school thing - but it's pretty common

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    I had a guy working for me that was a "green card". He would go on and on about how Mexico had an army that would rival the U.S. and could possibly beat us. Always praising Mexico for how great things are there etc. Simple solution, I told him "If Mexico is so great and you have all these things to bitch about the U.S. and things you don't like here, Get the F**K out and go home. You'll be so much happier and have more money in your pocket". He did'nt last but another week. SOB. No sympathy on my end.

The way I see it, no harm, no foul. My family immigrated from Mexico 4 generations ago. 1st Gen. got their Cards and Citizenship papers. The rest were born here, legally. We are Americans. We work, some for Govt. Agencies (Now retired), Business Owners, Tax Payers, Voters, etc. We are not living on the government dime. This is our home country. We strive to make a difference.

This shit of our Government and their handouts to the illegals has to stop. Immigrants coming here to escape the perils of their country, then coming here to bitch about the U.S., is literally and figuratively, bullshit. If you don't like it here, feel free to get out. Don't let the door hit you where the Lord split you.

If this offends some, sorry, just calling it like I see it.

Don't be afraid to tell him how you feel. I'd like to say the majority is with you.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    i kid i kid....i dont know the age of the OP but i think - if he's around the same age as my either of my sons (22 and 26) that it's a part of this generation - this is how they write - not sure if it's an internet thing or school thing - but it's pretty common

Yep.....and unless we *tactfully* "correct" 'em on it, it'll get worse. So I prefer to point it out in as polite a way as I can, because I *do* care what they have to say....they just gotta put it in a context that makes it more readible.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Agree with TRN and other who commented. I'm pretty sure I hear where you're coming from but the way information was posted.........just too hard to read and understand.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I apologize for the grammer. I usually try to do much better, even check the dictionary for spelling but there was some anger and good punctuation and grammer are tough on a cell phone. No offense taken, ya'll are right.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I apologize for the grammer. I usually try to do much better, even check the dictionary for spelling but there was some anger and good punctuation and grammer are tough on a cell phone. No offense taken, ya'll are right.

Thanks for taking it in the spirit intended! When ya get a chance, edit it an' let us know - I'm bettin' we can come up with some good ideas for twistin' his tail a bit more....<evil grin>

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yep i agree if you dont like our country git gone!!!and be quick.
    Thats whats wrong now! People come here and try to turn our
    Country into something that they came from.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Tell him he's totally welcomed to bitch about our country after he puts on some green and walks a few patrols in Afghanistan for a few years.
    Until then, tell him - for me - to shut his freakin' c**k-holster!

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    ^ exactly I agree. I too myself am immigrated but now I consider this my country and totally hate when ppl come here, earn here make a living and sing sweet about their country. My response " Why the f**k are you still here, get the F**k outta this country"

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I am going to Germany this spring. I think the first thing I will do is walk into a bar, order a bier and tell anyone who will listen how screwed up their country is and how they need to change it to suit my happy ass.
    I Wonder how that will go over?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I am going to Germany this spring. I think the first thing I will do is walk into a bar, order a bier and tell anyone who will listen how screwed up their country is and how they need to change it to suit my happy ass.
    I Wonder how that will go over?

Go for it and report back. Take pics, or better yet, video.

Top Bottom