• ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Lots of good advice on here. Get to it.

Or wait for me to get down to Houston for a job, and then we can start our own business down the road.

I guess it could happen right? After all people always say, "Dream no little dreams."

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    done said Ill pimp you out lol. If your lookin at sugarland thats way on the other side of town lol

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am the worlds champion at quitting jobs. I stay where I'm treated well and when that changes, I tell them to F off and get gone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "Job Hopper" and have several long term jobs of up to 13 years. I won't put up with crap, however and I've stood my ground under a Hell of a lot of pressure but if things so south, so do I. I've lived and worked all down the center of this nation and the 19 years I've been here is a record for me.

This job market is different, now. The guys told you right. If you are unemployed, you shxt in your nest and are disqualified from getting many jobs. That is exactly why I retired. It turned out to be the best move I ever made but I hated to be forced into it. I wanted to keep working until I was 70yo. That is just F- ing stupid! I am SO glad I retired but unfortunately, you're too young for that.

Now, damn it it's time for some tough love......We have been jaw boning about that job for a LONG time. If it was that bad, you should have already snagged another job! What the Hell is with you? Shxt or get off the pot.

Get on the computer and start running the Career Builder.com, Snag a job.com, Monster.com and get focused on getting to Hell out of there. If those sites don't work, there are a hundred others to choose from.

In the mean time, repeat after me: "It don't mean nothin'." When that crazy stuff happens at work, say to yourself "It don't mean nothin'." Use that job to pay your bills until you get another job. Just use them like they use you. "It don't mean nothin'" They can't F-- with your head if you don't let them. If you need to say it 1000 times per day, then do that. It don't mean nothin'!

In the 12 step programs, they call what you're doing "collecting stamps." Every real or imagined negative thing that happens at work, you collect that stamp and hold it in. You're just burning yourself. It don't mean nothin.

Flash

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    lol... this thread got interesting.

Here's my take on quitting, tho... How's your savings look? If you've got enough saved up to cover your bills for several months, why not just quit? Nothing wrong with taking a break for a few months. Use that time to collect your thoughts and get your shit together. Work odd jobs to tide you over. I actually like working odd jobs. It's oddly relaxing. Just doesn't pay much.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Wow, my language really got out of hand. I'm sorry about that. I've had a bad sinus headache for about 5 days and it makes me grouchy as Hell. I meant what I said, however.

It don't mean nothin'. I went to Discount Tire today, couldn't get waited on and finally walked out in disgust. I was pissed off but used "It don't mean Nothin" a few times and had myself chilled out within 3 minutes. Then I went ahead and had a good afternoon. You can be miserable if you want to but it's not necessary. When you lose your temper, you lose your mind.

Check the website of each town surrounding you. They will all have employment sections. Most applications can be inputted online. It was a total waste of time to hand carry a resume to a job site. Do it online.

Check all school district websites. Right now is the time when their contracts expire and they need the most help in maintenance. A friend of mine cuts grass at a school district. When he finishes, he starts it all over again. Benefits are good.

Check all county websites the same way.

Durn it....get after it!

Flash

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    The other thread about the tow boat gig was a dayum good idea. Your objection was that it didn't pay as well as what you got. I'll say this once....

MONEY AINT EVERYTHING.

What is your happiness worth? If your current job is so bad, quit whining and make a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    MONEY AINT EVERYTHING.

OK....Let's talk money.......

When I retired, I took a 64% pay cut! Doing the math, I am living on 36% of the money I made for years as an employed person. My total yearly income is exactly what I earned in 1978. I'm not wealthy and don't have a lot in savings so I budget and stick to that budget. I am in the "black" every month and even manage to save a little every month. You don't think you can survive but you can if you decide to do it.

I have a car, Jeep, Harley, house, 12 bicycles and a little dog. Honestly, I want for nothing. So how did I adjust?

Gun hobby......... After recently investing in getting my reloading gear all in top shape and stocked up, I am OUT of the ammo seller loop and can shoot when I want to, now. I spent money on that but now, I'm free of the ammo gougers. I'll replenish supplies as I use them and set up an inventory system for supplies and minimum stock levels. When stocks get to the minimum level, it's time to order more. I work off the TOP of the stack, not the bottom.

Eating out....No Mas! I cook at home and save a fortune in money I just crapped down the toilet.

Saying "NO".................. People always want me to do things that I can't afford to do. I simply say "no" and I'm not one bit shy about doing that.

Women................ They are expensive luxuries. I've had more than my share of them and can't afford them, now. You'd be appalled at how expensive a woman is when you put it on paper. They are a needless expense.

Travel.... stopped traveling entirely. I've traveled all of my life and don't miss it one bit. TRUK island to dive the sunken Japanese fleet was always a dream that will never be realized. Other than that, I've been everywhere I ever wanted to go.

Work the Discounts...............People have Senior Citizen discounts and I seek them out. I go to lots of movies and always hit the cheap shows. Always ask for a discount. They are available but you must ask for them.

That's about it. I live pretty well and now that I'm retired, don't put up with crap from anyone. You really don't NEED the money that you think you need.

Flash

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    MONEY AINT EVERYTHING.

OK....Let's talk money.......

When I retired, I took a 64% pay cut! Doing the math, I am living on 36% of the money I made for years as an employed person. My total yearly income is exactly what I earned in 1978. I'm not wealthy and don't have a lot in savings so I budget and stick to that budget. I am in the "black" every month and even manage to save a little every month. You don't think you can survive but you can if you decide to do it.

I have a car, Jeep, Harley, house 12 bicycles and a little dog. Honestly, I want for nothing. So how did I adjust?

Eating out....I just don't do that any more. I cook at home and save a fortune in money I just crapped down the toilet.

Saying "NO". People always want me to do things that I can't afford to do. I simply say "no".

Women. They are expensive luxuries. I've had more than my share of them and can't afford them, now. You'd be appalled at how expensive a woman is when you put it on paper.

Travel....I stopped that entirely. I've traveled all of my life and don't miss it one bit. I always wanted to go to TRUK island to dive the sunken Japanese fleet from WW2. Other than that, I've been everywhere I ever wanted to go.

That's about it. I live pretty well and now that I'm retired, don't put up with crap from anyone.

Flash

when you book your trip to truk, remember to ask for chuuk. its no named chuuk and the language is chuukese. a lot of the pacific islands have been renamed to their original spellings and native tongue instead of their mispronounced names.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Agree with everything but the woman part....IF it's the right woman. Took me a coupla false starts, but this wife is MORE than worth it.

Then again, because of the intensity of our "pay it off" program to get the blazes outta debt, my calculations actually show that we'll have MORE disposable income when I retire, simply because of the major extra payments we make every month against the car and mortgage. Kinda sux in a way - but in the long run, well worth it, IMO.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Took me a coupla false starts, but this wife is MORE than worth it.

At 65 and retired, the time is past when a guy can survive a "false start" so I placed women on an "off limits" basis. I have a bird nest on the ground if I can keep from messing it up. I got a tax refund and couldn't figure out what to spend it on so I slammed it in the bank. I've had every toy I ever wanted and women.......... my God,...........WAY too many! There's just too much risk for too little return there. Gonna quit while I'm ahead.

Flash

Top Bottom