• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    If I quit my job can I collect unemployment? This shits rediculous Every week its some bullshit. Even the small things now make me want to fly off the handle. knowing me Im going to end up snapping.
    Gun Zone Deals

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Ive never gotten unemployment but I don't think you can if you quit. Try to get another job before you quit. I agree w that

Sent via iPhone using Tapatalk v2.Immabadass.1

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    it is easier to find work, while employed than it is without one. look at all the hiring trends, theyve tightened their belts and are mostly looking for those still workin. in other trades it doesnt matter as much, because technology doesnt advance that often in those skill sets.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Fucking hate this place. Do to my age it's hard to find a job. They think since I'm young I don't know shit.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Well, the old folks on here would probably tell you that you don't know as much as you think you do.

Listen, you can't collect unemployment if you quit. Also, nobody wants to hire somebody that doesn't have a job. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's the reality - just accept it and live with it.

If you really can't stand working there, find something else - even something that pays less - and go after that job. You can work on improving your situation later.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Yeah trust me I'm working on it. It was better working for my dad and getting punched in the mouth then dealing with this womans bullshit

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Le sigh. There's no way to be nice about this. I want to start off by saying, I'm not intentionally trying to be a dick, and I'm also your age.

First, seriously, man the **** up. Either suck it up and deal with it or get off your ass and go job searching. I've been looking for work for the past few months, and literally just submitted ~5 applications throughout the entire state of Texas.

Second, If it is that bad that you're going crazy every single shift you have to work, I would imagine you would be incredibly motivated to get out and apply for some jobs. There are jobs out there, you just have to be willing to do an aggressive search for them throughout the ENTIRE internet. Try monster, careerbuilder, indeed, etc.

And lastly, quit making excuses. The person who is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    You can not collect unemployment if you quit or are fired with cause. Basically, you have to be part of a lay off or downsizing to get unemployment.

I have been out of work a long time and its tough trying to find a job. If you think your depressed, upset, or feeling unappreciated in your current job, then try long term unemployment to really multiply those feelings. BTW, the actual unemployment rate is higher than the reported rate. A lot of the unemployed don't show up in the official numbers. It is going to take a while for the job market to turn around and absorb all those people.

You do have a couple of things going for you though. Your kinda in the medical field and it is a sector that needs people and with the aging of the population it will continue to do so. Try to stay in it. Also, your age is not a liability. Age can be a liability in your 40's and beyond.

Bottom line: don't quit. Not being able to pay your basic bills is a lot more stress than having difficult co workers. All work places have their drama and difficult people - just accept that. The grass is not greener.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Don't quit. Keep your job, no matter how bad it is right now until you find something else... If you absolutely HAVE TO GET OUT, go apply somewhere like walmart where you will likely get hired quickly. That way you at least get out of your current job and you can go ahead and keep looking for a different, more suitable job while still getting a paycheck. You are stale right now...change your setting, do something new, change your usual routines a bit just to give your mind something fresh to feed on. Works for me every time.

You have to be the one to make shit happen. Instead of going into work pissed off about it, FORCE yourself into a good mood and don't let anyone there get under your skin... It is not worth the mental anguish you are causing yourself. You are your own worst enemy.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Don't quit. Keep your job, no matter how bad it is right now until you find something else... If you absolutely HAVE TO GET OUT, go apply somewhere like walmart where you will likely get hired quickly. That way you at least get out of your current job and you can go ahead and keep looking for a different, more suitable job while still getting a paycheck. You are stale right now...change your setting, do something new, change your usual routines a bit just to give your mind something fresh to feed on. Works for me every time.

You have to be the one to make shit happen. Instead of going into work pissed off about it, FORCE yourself into a good mood and don't let anyone there get under your skin... It is not worth the mental anguish you are causing yourself. You are your own worst enemy.
    Damn! I have been on forums for over 10 years. Best advice ever.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    find a job or GET FIRED. Make sure you didnt do anything very negative though. Do they have write ups on you. If not, you will have a better chance of getting unemployment. Best idea is yes to get a job but dont quit, make them fire you. QUIT: cant get unemploymet. FIRED: have a chance to get it

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    my earlier advice still stands from the other thread. you missed your chance that night shr randomly texted you, all desperate and lonely like. you shouldve hit it, quit, it then claimed sexual harrassment and mental anguish.

im kidding about some of this, or am i :-o

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've made hire/fire decisions for many years now....I've never wantonly canned anyone - if I fired you, you screwed up by the numbers. I've *never* lost an unemployment case - ever. IOW - if they want you gone, they'll get you, and 99% of folks screw up enough to justify termination at one point or another.

If you walk off that job, count on being unemployed for quite a while, because when someone walks in looking for a job without already having one, most folks' radar goes into overdrive. Good employees are hard to find - so if someone doesn't have a job, it's because they left one - which tells me they don't stick it out, and I don't need that.

You complain about your job routinely....yet frankly, most of what you complain about is, to me, minor stuff. Odd hours? I was up and on the road before 7 am yesterday, drove to Houston for 2 meetings, and back. Got home, put out the quotes from the meetings, and was back up and on task by 6 am today. I've already done 2 other quotes, rescheduled my week for the 4th time (so far), and am trying to stuff 6 lbs of tasks into a 2-lb day. Stressful.....aggravating....but it's life. I can sit around and whine about it, or get it done. I get it done.

I suggest you do the same. Not being ugly or unfeeling, but until you stick it out someplace and get some job creds, you're gonna job-hop and ALWAYS be the low dog.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I suggest you do the same. Not being ugly or unfeeling, but until you stick it out someplace and get some job creds, you're gonna job-hop and ALWAYS be the low dog.

i agree with this, i remember when i first started in my trade, i had all the best certs for the top field jobs. i ended up working at a drywall company as a welder for my first gig, when that job was over, i went down the road to a steel shop, which is what i trained for and got stuck in the shop for a few months, because thats where i was needed at the time. i did all the layouts, and a lot of ironworker cutting, punching, dog earring, as well as shooting nelson studs and misc other boring things. i finally got bumped to the field where i belonged, but the whole time in the shop for 2-3 months, i had several pay raises from my first day to the last to compensate me being stuck there.

my first day in the field, guess what i did? i got stuck on the ground doing layout, rigging, stuffing bolts and torquing them.

i was new, so i soaked in all that knowledge, watched the connectors and my chance finally came. one of the connectors was taking too long to make the connection. i climbed the column, got to his connection, made it, stuffed the rat hole and it was up from there. after that i was the main connector on my crew.

fast forward, with the experiance i have now, i can jump around anywhere in the nation and not get stuck in the bolt stuffing position, unless of course you feel like taking it easy, lol.

Top Bottom