• Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    KMA.jpg

My pre-retirement cap. It disappeared, I think someone stole it. Can't trust anyone.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My motors partner (former, as we were disbanded) found a full auto, WWII era Thompson SMG some drug dealer was running around with last week...
    I wonder how many WW2 bring-backs are hidden in attics by the children of the soldiers who brought them back.

We really need another 1968 amnesty.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I wonder how many WW2 bring-backs are hidden in attics by the children of the soldiers who brought them back.

Reminds me of a story from another gun forum years ago. A lady joined the forum to gain some knowledge of the possible value of a gun she and her brother found stored in a house they inherited from their grandfather, or great uncle that had brought it back from WW2.

When she posted pictures of it, it was a German Nazi machine gun. MP 40 I believe is the model it was.

She was curious as to what it was worth, and who might be interested in buying it. Several members tried to explain the legalities of owning and possessing such a firearm. Several tried to explain the only legal disposition was to turn it in to LE authorities, or to destroy it. She never once, no matter who tried to explain it to her why the gun was illegal and why she couldn't sell it, could she comprehend the legalities.

It's a shame, because legally the gun has to be destroyed. ATF cares nothing about it's historical value. To them, it's simply an un-registered fully auto firearm. Personally, even if no one could legally possess the gun, it could have been donated to a museum of some sort.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

Absolutely.........you would think it would be a bipartisan issue.......

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

As a kid, there was a trucking company (like dump trucks) that was based in a very small town not far from my small town. I had a job in a gas station and one of the owners of the trucking outfit stopped in to get cigarettes. There was some trouble going on and some union guys had stopped a truck a few days earlier not too far from there. I asked if he wasn't worried about that and he laughed. Nope, he said, grandpa left me some protection. He opened the truck door and there was a Thompson submachine gun on the seat. Same family owned a bar - one of those ones where cops only go by invitation - and rumor had it that in Prohibition days the family did a bit of moonshining, so that may have been the source of the gun. And, yes, I have been in that bar.

The last time I was in the bar there was a guy with a fat, drunk, and loud girlfriend sitting across the bar from us. About a year later, a friend of mine who lived near there asked if I remembered the couple from that night. Yeah, why? Well, the guy came in with his girlfriend and she drank quite a bit then walked home. (They lived nearby.) He stayed all night playing poker with his buds and in the morning he played one last hand and announced with a big grin that he was now completely broke, had nothing left to live for, and thought he'd just go home and kill his girlfriend. His friends thought he was joking. He walked out and a few minutes later, they heard 2 shotgun blasts. When they got to his house, he had killed her and then himself.

And that was back before Covid made everybody insane.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Need a REPEAL of the GCA '68 and the NFA '34....
    I agree. In practical terms, though, we need the upcoming SCOTUS decision in the NY case to be worded correctly so that legal challenges to both pieces of legislation can have a better chance of success.

I like to think incrementally and long term. Like the antis, I think we all should. We can chip away at both those laws (as well as the bad parts of FOPA) far easier than we can get them outright repealed.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Passenger vehicles ain't no match for a train. I have only seen one vehicle hit personally many years ago. I was sitting at a crossing with the bars down, lights flashing and an idiot decided to weave around the crossing bars, and try and beat the train. He didn't make it. How far the train pushed that vehicle, I have no idea, but it was pretty far and I saw pictures of the vehicle in the local paper the next day. It was not even recognizable as a vehicle anymore.
    Don't know how many of you knew there was a train that struck one of the wind turbine blades being hauled by a trucking company in Luling about 2 weeks ago.
    https://www.kvue.com/video/news/loc...fe70a-ae83-4933-939d-ffe4dd64551d?jwsource=cl

Top Bottom