• ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    News?

Who cares? Evidently some people must but ............... News?

Christina Aguilera MIA At Rock Hall Of Fame Show, But Donna Summer-Lover Jennifer Hudson Suffices
    Justin Timberlake: Jimmy Fallon Interrupted My Wedding Speech!
    Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Spotted Kissing In Norway
    Cat Deeley on Fashion: "I Can Pretty Much Get Away With Anything!"
    Hilaria Thomas Talks Pregnancy: "I Don't Have Any Cravings!"

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I CAN NOT get my brother to quit calling mags "clips". He just retired Army so I guess they either beat it into his head or let him slide with it for too long.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Me: "Hey, dad, I think you should learn how to clean your rifle." (Marlin 336, FWIW).

Dad: "I don't need to learn, that's your job."

Pretty much anything this certain Australian guy I know on another forum says in regards to America, and especially gun control. If anyone's interested, I can PM some of his more recent shit.

When someone asks a simply retarded gun-related question. My personal favorite is "Do you need to buy gas for a gas-operated gun?"

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Why does anybody give a shit about the Kardashian people? WTF? What have they done to make themselves useful (other than to the media)?
    A year or so ago I heard the break down of what they were "worth". Prior to that the 'easy on the eyes' factor had me watching them on occasion. Now ..... no way in hell will I support any Kardashian venture including leaving my TV on their show to bump ratings.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I hate it when "celebrities" are given any type of credence outside of what ever sorta "artistic" skill they have..The height of this foolishness is when Congress allows them a seat at the table.. Who ever it is.. nope..just wrong..they don't know anymore about the issue than any of us do..

I hate it when you give to a cause..and they sell your name.. we even get calls on Sunday.. fielded two today.. Thing is it will cause most.. least us to reconsider giving, this has my wife twisted big time.. and that's just wrong..

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    had my little feedom arms.(wearing ankle holster) drop and hit the ground looking at sofa's one time in Tucson.. got sorta quiet for a bit..

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Lol it's good to see I'm not the only other son that hears this.

Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing sometimes. Only thing worse than the cleaning issue was when I tried (and failed) to explain to him why I want to get some new iron sights and a different stock/body for my 10/22. He just doesn't "get" the idea of customizing or modifying a gun.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Lol it's good to see I'm not the only other son that hears this.

Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I never got that, but once I was competent to clean 'em it became my job. Then again, I was usually the one putting rounds through 'em. I did make the mistake once, when I was 17, of complaining to my dad that I was bored. Next thing I knew, a cleaning kit and every gun he owned were sitting on my bed...

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    See, the sad thing is, I don't mind cleaning guns. It's more the fact that he simply doesn't give a shit about how dirty they are.

Before I went to work on his 336, there was so much shit built up in the chamber and on the bolt that cycling the action left specks and flakes of what I'm pretty sure was carbon build-up on my hands.

I do wish he hadn't "lost" the manuals for the shotguns, though. Kinda hard to clean them if you don't know how to take them apart.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea my brother is the same way. He's got a SWEET Sig p226 Texas edition. We just went out and shot it last weekend and now he's just putting it away for a while without cleaning it first. He just glanced at it at the range and said it doesn't look dirty. Didn't even take the thing apart! Next time i go to his house, I'm taking my cleaning stuff to clean it for him lol

He got a Sig SWAT rifle as well and I guarantee he just wipes out the chamber with a paper towel. Smh lol

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Yea my brother is the same way. He's got a SWEET Sig p226 Texas edition. We just went out and shot it last weekend and now he's just putting it away for a while without cleaning it first. He just glanced at it at the range and said it doesn't look dirty. Didn't even take the thing apart! Next time i go to his house, I'm taking my cleaning stuff to clean it for him lol

He got a Sig SWAT rifle as well and I guarantee he just wipes out the chamber with a paper towel. Smh lol

I have a precision rifle with over 1000 rounds down rage, it's never been cleaned and still holds 3/8moa.
    I will wipe the bolt down periodically, but that's it.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Man, I've just been raised that you always clean your gun after every shoot-no matter what gun. It gives you a chance to inspect everything and keep grit from rubbing the internals. Especially after shooting cheap ammo. That goes for everything from my .22 to my 12 ga

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    when ever the subject of gun cleaning comes up i sorta get that "wasn't me that farted" look.. There was a time that i loved to clean all my firearms.. Now i have two groups.. those in the shooting bag, and those i only shoot once a year or so.. the latter are clean.. the former not so much.. a #9 soaked patch about once every three times at the range.. and a wipe down with what ever spray clean/oil i have handy.. in a perfect world they all get torn down, brass brush, swabbed till clean, put away with a kiss or something..

now i feel like a huge failure.. what if their all rusting.. thanks a lot.. should have stayed with the wasn't me that farted thing..

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Man, I've just been raised that you always clean your gun after every shoot-no matter what gun. It gives you a chance to inspect everything and keep grit from rubbing the internals. Especially after shooting cheap ammo. That goes for everything from my .22 to my 12 ga

I'm the same way. Even if I'm gonna go out and keep shooting later that day or the next, if I have the time, I'm cleaning the damn thing. The only exception will be if I'm deliberately stress-testing a gun to see how many rounds it can fire before starting to have issues.

Top Bottom