• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I finally got off my butt and joined the NRA a while back. Ever since then I have been deluged by CRAP. Oh, and deceptive shit telling me its time to renew. I know, why don't I renew a year at a time every damned month??!?? Now I get sent some fricken DVD that I didnt order and I can either send it back, or keep it and they will bill me and keep sending me more. I thought I joined an organization to protect my rights. I didnt know I was joing the BMG music club!! Why the **** do they waste so much money on this BULLSHIT?!?!?

This is the final straw. I will not renew if it continues. Send me DVDs that I have to pay for or return...**** that.

So can someone please tell me how to get them to stop before I tell them where they can shove their membership? I know there is no way some of you are putting up with this. Whats the secret?

I too dropped my NRA Membership because of the junk mail and telephone calls. This also meant I had to drop my local gun range membership as they only allow NRA Members......which I think sucks but nothing I can do about it. Miss the gun range....not so much this time of year.....but could not handle the NRA Junk Mail.
    Lynx Defense

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    It's a numbers game - overall, it generates more revenue than it costs them. They ALL do it in my experience - hell, even Consumer Reports does it to me. I've simply learned to accept whatever the send as a gift, and ignore any "billings", etc. Do that a few times, they won't send it again.

Having said that...Yeah, I'm a "Patron Member". Whoopie. Except that it means that I'm willin' to put my money where my mouth is. As I said - they ALL do it, so pick your poison - but be a member of at least ONE national gun-rights organization - because they're the ones that'll at least TRY to help us on a national level. You ain't gonna like ANY of 'em all of the time - but without our support, it'd be a LOT worse.

I too had to give up on the NRA because of junk mail........what other gun-rights organization would you recommend?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This is the final straw. I will not renew if it continues. Send me DVDs that I have to pay for or return...**** that.

So can someone please tell me how to get them to stop before I tell them where they can shove their membership? I know there is no way some of you are putting up with this. Whats the secret?

I just throw it all in the trash. Eventually it stopped coming. Whatever you do, do not respond to any of it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I too had to give up on the NRA because of junk mail........what other gun-rights organization would you recommend?

The NRA - opt out of the mail as noted earlier, or just chunk it in the trash. Take a look at the "Friends of NRA" website, and take a gander at the $$$ raised for local shooters' programs. That's just one of the things the NRA's involved in - another is the CMP - so, yeah - even though they might piss me off from time to time, I intend to upgrade to benefactor either late this year or early next year - and at the same time, enroll another of the kids as Life Members.

Guess you can say I drank the kool-aid....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Did the Supreme Court rule that firearms ownership was your personal right as a citizen and not as an armed militia member?

The NRA actually fought pretty strongly to keep that out of court. There are things I wish they'd do better, and yeah, they've REALLY fucked up in the past (like supporting the GCA), but that was long ago. They still have my support.

I also donate to the Second Amendment Foundation, which has a much more no-compromise approach to politics.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Where do you plan to go when you get out?

Nevada or Texas. Nevada keeps me closer to family and the deserts of the west that I love so much, but Texas will always be home and beckons. Probably what will play out is Nevada in the short term (about three or four years), and then move permanently to Texas and buy a spread in the Hill Country.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Nevada or Texas. Nevada keeps me closer to family and the deserts of the west that I love so much, but Texas will always be home and beckons. Probably what will play out is Nevada in the short term (about three or four years), and then move permanently to Texas and buy a spread in the Hill Country.
    Hard to beat the Texas Hill country.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Hard to beat the Texas Hill country.

My uncle used to live in Fredericksburg, and we'd visit him frequently. First time I ever rode a horse was at a ranch in Bandera. Lots of fond memories. When I make my annual visits to Texas I usually spend a few days driving around. Moving to the Hill Country...talk about having something to live for and look forward to....

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Life member of the NRA. They are imperfect. But they are important.

The Rudd factor. Has always been high. But that just means we need more nfa and ebr owners to join and get voted to the board.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I am softening on my pissed off position of a few days ago. they support the Eddie Eagle program of which I instrcut once a year. Its a good program that needs to remain.
    god i hate all the junk mail.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    they support the Eddie Eagle program of which I instrcut once a year. Its a good program that needs to remain.
    god i hate all the junk mail.

Minor correction - they CREATED the Eddie Eagle program.

The junk mail - do as suggested, the NRA WILL respect your wishes. Until they get the next card I send in your name....<g,d&rlh>

Pawdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Kimble, Texas
    I'll continue to support the NRA, regardless of junk mail. They've done more for the 2nd Amendment than any other gun rights group, and more than any politician.

Top Bottom