DK Firearms

The "I am probably moving to Corpus" thread....so tell me stuff.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    For a true Corpus cultural experience you must take a trip to the trade center and the Selena statue. Don’t forget to find a Jalisco restaurant, they’re kinda scarce here.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I commuted to Corpus daily for 15 years from Rockport....Taxes are incredibly lower in Aransas County than Nueces County........35 min drive.....

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    For a true Corpus cultural experience you must take a trip to the trade center and the Selena statue. Don’t forget to find a Jalisco restaurant, they’re kinda scarce here.

I grew up around San Antonio. Flea Markets and hole in the wall restuarants are a part of my culture. Selena, well, I am used to that as well.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    OP
    If you could commute & not live in Corpus, I'd agree with Vtach, the Rockport/Aransas area would be better than Corpus... but your question was about Corpus...lol.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    There is very little high end inventory in the area.

For example, this is silly cheap (anywhere else...) and a tad too garish for us on the inside from an architechural standpoint, but this is in the ballpark. Is there anything wrong with this area? 5000sqft, land and a shop would be perfect.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea..._Corpus-Christi_TX_78415_M76786-66041?view=qv
    If that is what you’re looking for, I’d recommend the SW corner of Flour Bluff closer to Oso Bay. Most of those houses come with some acreage. Flour Bluff schools are better than any others in the city. They have the lowest school taxes of anybody in the area, because the DOD pays good money for all the Navy kids that go there. The best Jalisco restaurant in town is at Waldron and SPID, HEB Plus is also right there. 10-15 minutes to downtown, wife is 5-10 minutes from all the shopping areas. Boat launches all over the Bluff.

Now all that info is 10 years old. I moved out of the Bluff and left that area in September 2009.

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    If that is what you’re looking for, I’d recommend the SW corner of Flour Bluff closer to Oso Bay. Most of those houses come with some acreage. Flour Bluff schools are better than any others in the city. They have the lowest school taxes of anybody in the area, because the DOD pays good money for all the Navy kids that go there. The best Jalisco restaurant in town is at Waldron and SPID, HEB Plus is also right there. 10-15 minutes to downtown, wife is 5-10 minutes from all the shopping areas. Boat launches all over the Bluff.

Now all that info is 10 years old. I moved out of the Bluff and left that area in September 2009.

Yeah, the acreage homes along the Flour Bluff side of Oso Bay have caught our eye. We drove through the area to look at a few we saw online.

For example, we do not care for this house but this is in the ballpark.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea..._Corpus-Christi_TX_78418_M78782-88844?view=qv

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I once visited Corpus. Saw two (possible) crack houses within 30 minutes, saw a Mexican swinging around a 9 foot section of PVC in the middle of the street like he was Darth Maul in that same 30 minutes, and finally made it to the hotel which happened to be only a mile or so away from one of those crack houses, and had a ton of illegals hanging out in the parking lot. Yeah, it looked nice online. ALWAYS check google street view for the full story... Yes, the area was a little run down and dirty. It doesn't have shit on some of the stuff we saw in Atlanta though...

Once we got out of that area, it looked fine.

The USS Lexington was cool, and the beach was nice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom