• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    If the thread is categorized as it should be, a person should know what to expect in the content. Considering the state of the nation and the fragile nature of the situtations at hand, I'd be very disappointed that politics would be excluded from the site. As far as civil goes, a little more elegance with the language would be a good start. We're all smart enough to use words that actually mean something.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I think all of us are adult enough to understand giving credit where it's due - and that trying to cut an' paste or paraphrasing is not only wrong, but illegal. Having had to proof articles, I've come to be able to recognize such things - and that's what bothers me about your "writing", because you attempt to pass it off as your original thought/words. Beyond that, it's boring - sorry - because if you really know the subject matter at hand, you CAN make it an interesting read.....at least, to an extent.

Illegal? Thought Police arrest me right now!

A forum is just that -- a forum in which to vent. There is no manner of law to constrain the thoughts of a contributor, other than by a moderator's selective decision to delete a person's post.

Be well.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Illegal? Thought Police arrest me right now!

A forum is just that -- a forum in which to vent. There is no manner of law to constrain the thoughts of a contributor, other than by a moderator's selective decision to delete a person's post.

Be well.

Plagiarism is theft of intellectual property and can be tried in court as fraud or copyright infringement.

There's also laws in Texas regarding the posting of one's personal information, or on behalf of someone or their persona, without their consent. It's actually a class A misdemeanor or 3rd degree felony depending on which one you're proven of doing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Lawyer-up, Y'all.

This place has gone "politically correct."

Be well.

It's not being PC. It's about not being stupid about things. People that do things like write articles for a living do check and make sure their property isn't being stolen. It's really easy to do through search engines. People tend to take getting paid for their work pretty seriously.

That's beside the fact that there are several LE agencies that "keep tabs" on forums like ours.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Damn! I start working my ass off, don't come into the forum as often, and look at all this fun stuff I miss!

Next thing I know, you guys are gonna tell me Wolfwood is cool or something.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Back on topic though, I think there's a few of us here that just need to get over ourselves.
    I certainly know I do from time to time.

We're all gun lovers here. We all have the same basic interests.
    We're gonna disagree with each other from time to time. Hell, we'll even have someone get under our skin real REAL bad!
    At the end of the day, we just all need to shake hands, acknowledge our differences, and move forward.

It's just not that important to prove how right you are on the internet.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've given this matter some additional thought.......................

As people who exercise our 2nd Amendment rights, our survival depends on keeping on top of legal wrangling and manipulations. Shutting off debate on the subject reminds me of the Jews in the Ghetto during WW2. They kept thinking that if they just went along with the Nazi's, things would get better. They held that thought right up to the point that they walked into the "showers" with the next stop the crematoriums.

The Legislators in Washington are totally out of control. They have raped our nation financially, sold our jobs to foreign countries, pissed away airplane loads of cash, piddled as millions of our people lose their homes and starve and it's time to get busy in removing their sorry asses from office. We can't trust the "media", so where do we get our information? The answer is: "Texas Gun Talk!"

That a few members get too passionate or even rude is small price to pay for having a forum where the TRUTH is being told. I recommend that the forum continues with violators of our easy-to-understand community rules getting a short "cooling off" period. There is no point in banishing forever a person who gets too wired up. These are tough times and many of us are just surviving. It's only natural that frustration pushes us over the edge on occasion.

I am living with a 64% pay CUT and I'm retired on 34% of my working wage. Try that sometime or imagine what that would be like. Trust me, I get plenty pissed when I see billions of our Dollars being flushed down the crapper by the thieves in Washington! I understand why a member would get bent out of shape and lose his cool. So.....deal with that with compassion and let's continue the flow of truth in a world filled with BS!

Flash

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I was thinking about that last night, if not the whole forum maybe make a special thread called "the sandbox" or something like that, and people can take all thier mud slinging there, or better yet "the garage" because if were going to compare the forum to alans house, i think it would be like my house, and if people came over here and started bickering, i tell em to take it to the garage. Certainly, if the mud slinging starts spilling over from the garage, start swinging the ban hammer. If people dont want to see the bickering, they can just stay out of the garage. :)
    Well the point of sending someone to "the garage" is that the rest of the party doesn't have to deal with them... and that led me to this great idea. Instead of banning someone, we could just send them to a "time out room". They log in, and the only forum they can see and post in is the time out room. Conversly, only people sent to the time out room can see the time out room. When two people get a hard on for each other and start bickering in the open forums, send them to the time out room. Then they can throw their hissy fit until they come down, which will probably be fairly quickly once they realize they no longer have an audience.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well the point of sending someone to "the garage" is that the rest of the party doesn't have to deal with them... and that led me to this great idea. Instead of banning someone, we could just send them to a "time out room". They log in, and the only forum they can see and post in is the time out room. Conversly, only people sent to the time out room can see the time out room. When two people get a hard on for each other and start bickering in the open forums, send them to the time out room. Then they can throw their hissy fit until they come down, which will probably be fairly quickly once they realize they no longer have an audience.
    I like that idea, but would like to see a forum wide vote in place. Let us vote on how long the offenders have to stay in time out.

Or could we just ban those people from selected threads, or make their posts type in Chinese or something?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sounds good - but remember that we're asking mods to increase THEIR workload for the benefit of those who refuse to follow rules.

Sorry....don't see it bein' worth their time....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sounds good - but remember that we're asking mods to increase THEIR workload for the benefit of those who refuse to follow rules.

Let's see, I get paid $0 for moderating this forum, which means I average about $0 per moved/deleted post/thread... So, yeah, the cost/benefit isn't really working out on my end. :p

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Very true. This whole thread is a warning, and they will dish out punishment as they see fit. I don't really expect them to spend a whole lot of time dealing with a couple troublemakers. I'd just hate to see the whole political forum closed because people want to fight.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Let's see, I get paid $0 for moderating this forum, which means I average about $0 per moved/deleted post/thread... So, yeah, the cost/benefit isn't really working out on my end. :p

YOU we ain't worried about......a fresh thought an' a cold drink of water an' yer done.....

<runnin' fer cover>

Top Bottom