• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Make it an opt-in deal with a bunch of disclaimers before a user can sign up. That way it stays out of the general talk of things, but it's there if you want it. Otherwise, it'll just spill over as off-topic crap in other parts of the board. What's said in there stays in there, and if arguments get continued into the general forums then get out the ban-stick. People are going to get it out of their system one way or another - might was well give them a padded room to do it in.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Make it an opt-in deal with a bunch of disclaimers before a user can sign up. . . . People are going to get it out of their system one way or another - might was well give them a padded room to do it in.

except for "a bunch of disclaimers", I agree

padded rooms is good

let the bashing prevail

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    The bashing and personal attacks are the reasons this subforum is on the Endangered Species list. Political debate and discussion is fine, but when members are calling one another asshole or idiot, discussion doesn't happen.
    No opt in. I think people will prove to everyone that they aren't grown up enough to come in and we'll just change the secret handshake so they can't get in.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    The bashing and personal attacks are the reasons this subforum is on the Endangered Species list. Political debate and discussion is fine, but when members are calling one another asshole or idiot, discussion doesn't happen.
    No opt in. I think people will prove to everyone that they aren't grown up enough to come in and we'll just change the secret handshake so they can't get in.

I like this option +1

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Oh, and the banhammer will swing freely if the foolishness spills over into other forums or if someone gets locked out and signs up with another ID to get access.

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas

+1

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    I was thinking about that last night, if not the whole forum maybe make a special thread called "the sandbox" or something like that, and people can take all thier mud slinging there, or better yet "the garage" because if were going to compare the forum to alans house, i think it would be like my house, and if people came over here and started bickering, i tell em to take it to the garage. Certainly, if the mud slinging starts spilling over from the garage, start swinging the ban hammer. If people dont want to see the bickering, they can just stay out of the garage. :)

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I was thinking about that last night, if not the whole forum maybe make a special thread called "the sandbox" or something like that, and people can take all thier mud slinging there, or better yet "the garage" because if were going to compare the forum to alans house, i think it would be like my house, and if people came over here and started bickering, i tell em to take it to the garage. Certainly, if the mud slinging starts spilling over from the garage, start swinging the ban hammer. If people dont want to see the bickering, they can just stay out of the garage. :)

I thought about that too, but I've been around here for a while and I don't think it would go well. People can't/won't/wouldn't be able to keep their feelings separate. People would be butt hurt and it would spill over into the other subforums. We have already been quoted in the Austin American Statesman and we really don't need to give the anti's any more ammo against us.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    I thought about that too, but I've been around here for a while and I don't think it would go well. People can't/won't/wouldn't be able to keep their feelings separate. People would be butt hurt and it would spill over into the other subforums. We have already been quoted in the Austin American Statesman and we really don't need to give the anti's any more ammo against us.

Yeah, I guess I can see your point. I didn't realize that this forum had grown to the point that media were starting to take notice. That changes things a bit...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    1) I could make 99% of you people cry if I were to unleash myself. So you REALLY don't want to make the politics forum a free-for-all. Trust me on this one, I have more trolling experience than anyone here, and those that know, know. It doesn't stop at the internet either, LOL. I could have Skeeter breaking down into a suicidal rampage in an hour.

2) The vast majority of people that I've banned have been as a result of the politics section. That means there's something wrong there that we aren't addressing. I'm open to suggestions, but I will heavily scrutinize "the way it is."

3) Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down ... ftw.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Best username ever ... I almost want to steal it.

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I think I'll just stay out of the politics section. It leads nowhere and I have a hard time biting my tongue once the ad hominem attacks and thread hijacking/terrorism occur.

Top Bottom