The end of a road well travelled....

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
If you have the time or inclination, please take photos as you do your inventory and share them with us. We would love to see them, and would appreciate what we're seeing, even if nothing is for sale.

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
If you have the time or inclination, please take photos as you do your inventory and share them with us. We would love to see them, and would appreciate what we're seeing, even if nothing is for sale.
If you look back for my previous posts there are good number of pictures.

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
I am still here. I am not going away either. Just not opening my door to the political pressure. Illinois is a cesspool of anti-gun Commies. It does not matter if the gun is new or from The War of 1812 they don't want you to have any!

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
Gentlemen,
It appears that I am nearing the end of inventory, interviews, and what is involved with this blanket selling of the lot. I have narrowed the field to two or three investors with the documented finances to make the purchase, "lock stock & barrel" However there is a minefield at the end of this road!
The government will stick it's nose into your business! Taxes, fees and regulations. Provided receipts of purchase prices (if none are available property value may be accessed) Then application of "net-profit gains taxes, can be as much as 18%! Illinois sucks the big one not to mention the FEDS.
My suggestion is to never grow a large collection and expect to win in the end.
Can be a lot of fun but BOHICA!!!
Now I just have to make a decision or just keep on keeping on until the end of the "last roundup"
I love my guns and my America... the only problem there are just too many turds in the punchbowl!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
Jarrell TX, United States
Gentlemen,
It appears that I am nearing the end of inventory, interviews, and what is involved with this blanket selling of the lot. I have narrowed the field to two or three investors with the documented finances to make the purchase, "lock stock & barrel" However there is a minefield at the end of this road!
The government will stick it's nose into your business! Taxes, fees and regulations. Provided receipts of purchase prices (if none are available property value may be accessed) Then application of "net-profit gains taxes, can be as much as 18%! Illinois sucks the big one not to mention the FEDS.
My suggestion is to never grow a large collection and expect to win in the end.
Can be a lot of fun but BOHICA!!!
Now I just have to make a decision or just keep on keeping on until the end of the "last roundup"
I love my guns and my America... the only problem there are just too many turds in the punchbowl!
If you were inclined to save the 18% or whatever illinois is trying to screw you out of. You should move the collection to be sold to the nearest income tax free state, I believe that is actually Texas.

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
Aug 13, 2018
Texas
I have an uncle who lives in Illinois, and it really infected him with the sickness of lefty entitlement, to the point that we all agree to avoid discussing politics when he is at the family table.

Hate to hear another old hand is getting out of the business. I'm just getting started, and plan to make gunsmithing a big part of my retirement income after I get out of the military in a few years. I love the work, and even better, the unique guns and accompanying stories that come along every so often.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, man! Don't be a stranger!

Top Bottom