• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medic_cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    San Antonio
    I go to the Bullet Hole fairly often and have even taken my kids to shoot as well. I have never once had an issue with the way its managed but have personally witnessed people get mad and leave because they claim to be harassed when they were the ones not following the rules (no ear or eye protection, rapid firing, messing with their weapons at the firing line while the range is cold and others are down range). If somebody has an issue with the rules then don't use the range go somewhere else, I personally don't want that kind of stupid crap happening while I am there especially with my kids.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I go to the Bullet Hole fairly often and have even taken my kids to shoot as well. I have never once had an issue with the way its managed but have personally witnessed people get mad and leave because they claim to be harassed when they were the ones not following the rules (no ear or eye protection, rapid firing, messing with their weapons at the firing line while the range is cold and others are down range). If somebody has an issue with the rules then don't use the range go somewhere else, I personally don't want that kind of stupid crap happening while I am there especially with my kids.

"Stupid crap happening while I (was) there especially with my kids" is exactly the reason I no longer go there!

I gave that place several chances to get its act together, and talked with employees about range issues I witnessed firsthand; but when nothing was done I figured they were more focused on my money than my safety, so I decided for my kids' sake that there were plenty of other ranges that put safety first.

I will never trust or go to that range again as long as it's owned and run by the same people who didn't care when these issues were brought to their attention.

Others may take that chance, but I've learned long ago that unnecessary risks at a gun range can have fatal ramifications and should be avoided.

medic_cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    San Antonio
    Well I guess our experiences have been different. In the cases that I witnessed, the issues where handled by the employees and the offenders usually left because they said they were being harassed (by being told to follow the rules). I would never take my kids somewhere I didn't feel safe.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Well I guess our experiences have been different. In the cases that I witnessed, the issues where handled by the employees and the offenders usually left because they said they were being harassed (by being told to follow the rules). I would never take my kids somewhere I didn't feel safe.

x2 - I've never witnessed anything unsafe that wasn't immediately handled by the staff there.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Last time at the bullet hole will remain my last. My friend and I paid for a private bay. We walk down to the bays and someone is already shooting in ours. I explained that we paid for the bay and his response was, "Well that guy is shooting in my bay because his is full of water. They (employees) told him to move down one, so I had to move to this one." I told him to take it up with the office. He came back down to tell us that the employees recommended he ask to share our bay with him.

They rented 3 bay's one of which was completely flooded to the point you could not approach the rear of the bay to hang a target. They're definitely more concerned with making money instead of serving customers.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    I have shot at plenty of ranges private, public, indoor, outdoor etc. Rules I get them and have ZERO issue with them generally, however some of their rules are nutty. Reviewing all my NFA paperwork? WTF, not like they can assure anything is legit, a guy with a color copier can make a form and stamp.

I can only sit at the 100YD bay, not stand, lay down, anything. We were not doing mag dumps or anything like that. Hell my buddy and I for a while were the only ones at the range, and still getting crap for shooting more than 1 round every 4 seconds.

The other thing, is we said we were knew when we checked in, no one said "hey these are the rules" or "read this, these are the rules." We even had different ROs give us different (and conflicting) directions. I have heard good thinks about Dietz, guess I will have to try that.

Top Bottom