• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    I use Stubs on my Chicken. For my Brisket I use salt,pepper and garlic powder(rub) On my short ribs I use Emeril's Essence recipe(rub). On my Pork butt I use vinegar style sauce with Tabasco sauce.
    Texas SOT

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Why did I read this thread before lunchtime?

As far as store-bought BBQ sauce goes, Sweet Baby Ray's is hard to beat.

IMHO, the best BBQ sauce I've found is the kind served at KD's BBQ in Midland, TX.

Pork Butt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Texas
    Stubbs, with some Woodys, apple cider vinegar, Franks, a little catsup, and just a touch of moleasses. It'll do you right every time.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I think there's some misconceptions about Texas bbq and sauce. To most of the country bbq is basically sandwiches, ribs and chicken too. Sandwiches even in Texas is fair game, whether it be chopped beef, pulled pork, turkey, or dry brisket on bread with pickles, jalapenos, and onions.

But with ribs and chicken, I don't think properly smoked/barbecued ribs or chicken needs sauce. I think both do well with a little glazing while in the smoker with some whiskey and sugary liquid like Worcestershire sauce or root beer.

I personally like either a hot sauce like the original Southside Market pepper sauce or mustard/vinegar based sauce. Or I make my own sweet and vinegary sauce with ketchup, mustard, jalapeno juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and spices.

Not a big fan of the real sweet and thick sauces like Sweet BR's, KC Masterpiece, you might as well be using A1 sauce if you ask me. Stubbs is pretty good if you want all the added crap in it with an ingredient list a mile long.

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I like Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy on pork ribs and burgers. Prefer a dry rub on beef most of the time but on occasion I'll use Sweet Baby Ray's.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The best is that which you make yourself. Easy to make. I don't have my recipe available at work, but folks always seem to steal, take, purloin, borrow, confiscate any left over sauce when I have some folks over. Made some for Christmas presents one year. Put labels on it with funny ingredients. In part it said. "Eye of Newt, Wing of Bat, and other stuff like that.

Top Bottom