• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I wouldn't do much of anything to TGT. We've got a great community here and I love the forum culture. Got a nice combination of young guys and old guys and the old guys are cool as hell, us young guys can learn a lot from them. ;)

There. I said it.
    Lynx Defense

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    i post on another forum that uses the same board software and the "user cp" is a nifty feature that lists all of the threads you're currently subscribed to and/or posting in - i always have to use the "new thread" feature and then hope that a discussion i was involved in is still active

it's not as user friendly as other boards i've posted on

We have that ... it's just set to not notify because I don't want the forum to be blacklisted as a spammer by the major mail hosts, or constantly fill up people's email boxes with forum stuff.

Go to here: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions ... and on the right it'll have "Subscription Settings". Set that to whatever you want it to do. You can have it where it'll subscribe and not notify so you can visit your UserCP and see the list, or you can have it email you on a chosen time table.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I wouldn't do much of anything to TGT. We've got a great community here and I love the forum culture. Got a nice combination of young guys and old guys and the old guys are cool as hell, us young guys can learn a lot from them. ;)

One of the issues this forum has always had is that it was too serious all the time. I tried to recruit in some newer people onto the forum and try to break down some of the rigid mentalities, get people joking, and derail a few threads into babel. It seems to have worked as we have a handful of regulars that can take a joke and make the forum lively and fun.

I hope it continues that way.

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    As a relatively new member I enjoy the forum the way it is, the people are helpful and nice (for the most part). I dont post allot but I do login almost daily and find allot of great information and help. I am on a few national forums that I cannot say the same about. Not sure what the "next level" would be but I hope it does not change the basic structure of TGT!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "Next Level" just means better service and features ... I don't want to grow into some giant forum full of boringness, but if we can reach more Texans and get them onboard with how we run things, then I'd say it's better.

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    How about a monthly giveaway for active members ( say, 100+ posts ) Could be member or sponsor donations, doesn't have to be anything huge or expensive; hell, maybe a toaster??

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    i post on another forum that uses the same board software and the "user cp" is a nifty feature that lists all of the threads you're currently subscribed to and/or posting in - i always have to use the "new thread" feature and then hope that a discussion i was involved in is still active

it's not as user friendly as other boards i've posted on

at the bottom of the list in your CP there is a "show all subscribed threads" button.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    "Next Level" just means better service and features ... I don't want to grow into some giant forum full of boringness, but if we can reach more Texans and get them onboard with how we run things, then I'd say it's better.

Maybe organize public shooting events at various local ranges, and represent ourselves there.
    It would be something we would plan for and advertise a month or so in advance.

Obviously, it would need to have Alan or one of the trusted moderators in attendance to keep it organized and structured properly (so we don't look like a "gaggle").
    I'm not sure how you admins feel about this sort of thing.

We could also reserve a small booth at certain gunshows that come in to town and tell everyone about our site, and how we're "the place to be" for Texas gun owners.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I think we need to try and get more get togethers going. When i first joined the forum it seemed like there was one every week now i barely see one every other month. It doesnt always have to be a range day, it could be everyone meeting up at Buffalo Wild Wings or a BBQ joint, just something to get people meeting and put faces to names. Would be good to do a complete fourm wide meet atleast once but that'll be a PITA to organize.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    at the bottom of the list in your CP there is a "show all subscribed threads" button.

1307242354298.jpg

Top Bottom