Patriot Mobile

TGT meet-up - Saturday Nov 18th - Livingston TX. Any interest?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Sat Nov 18th - Noon - TGT lunch gathering -

Having missed the chance for the Axxe 2023 gathering, I thought I'd see if folks around SE Texas wanted to meet for a relaxed meal before the holiday frenzy begins. You can come on your own or bring the missus! We'll be there; let me know if you'd like to be also so I can give the restaurant a heads-up a few days ahead of time.

@1911'S 4 Me says they've got pretty good food; it looks like the perfect place for us to meet!

p.s...Just so there's no surprises, y'all will be paying for your own meals; I'm just doin the work of puttin it together. Unless, of course, @Moonpie wants to sell some of his Glocks & foot the bill for us all. :D
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Sat Nov 18th - 5:30pm - TGT supper gathering -

Having missed the chance for the Axxe 2023 gathering, I thought I'd see if folks around SE Texas wanted to meet for a relaxed meal before the holiday frenzy begins. You can come on your own or bring the missus! We'll be there; let me know if you'd like to be also so I can give the restaurant a heads-up a few days ahead of time. :)

@1911'S 4 Me says they've got pretty good food; it looks like the perfect place for us to meet!

p.s...Just so there's no surprises, y'all will be paying for your own meals; I'm just doin the work of puttin it together. Unless, of course, @Moonpie wants to sell some of his Glocks & foot the bill for us all. :D
    Everyone is going to have different ideas. I would be more inclined to lunch instead of supper.
    Just my thought.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Everyone is going to have different ideas. I would be more inclined to lunch instead of supper.
    Just my thought.
    Actually that would be better - especially since most of us old folks eat early anyway.
    Lemme check the restaurant hours -

They're open 11 to 9:30. I edited it into the OP. Thanks much, that was a great thought.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Lunch would allow for those further away to attend.
    Good point - AND it would avoid driving home in the dark.

OK. Changed to lunch. That works better for us anyway. Now you have no excuse to not attend, my friend. LOLOL j/k - hope you can come!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Its a bit far for me, 3.5 hours, but you SE Texans need to do this. Getting to know, and gaining a comfort level with like minded shooters is what TGF is all about. Only good comes out of it. If yall can make this work, I see a SE Texas shoot in your future. If Maveric can drive 4.5 hours to hang with the guys in Elkhart, I bet a bunch of us NE, and Heart of TX shooters will be there.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Is it for that weekend? They'd be welcome to come with you, the more the merrier.
    Is it for that weekend? They'd be welcome to come with you, the more the merrier.
    I doubt we will have time for what we have to do. The nephew wants to do some work around the house & we have some serious cooking to do. I’m currently getting the smoker regulated for the bacon I cured. They both are foodies so I need to tech them the fine art of smoking.
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Its a bit far for me, 3.5 hours, but you SE Texans need to do this. Getting to know, and gaining a comfort level with like minded shooters is what TGF is all about. Only good comes out of it. If yall can make this work, I see a SE Texas shoot in your future. If Maveric can drive 4.5 hours to hang with the guys in Elkhart, I bet a bunch of us NE, and Heart of TX shooters will be there.
    I first thought about maybe something between us and y'all - but decided on Livingston (thanks to 1911's suggestion!) because this would be close enough for people from Spring, Conroe, Woodlands, Houston area - and even Katy!

When I moved us up here from the Katy house last year, I'd jump on 99 to 69 and up through Livingston and over to Spurger..unload the car and drive back the same day... and it was under 1.5 hrs between Katy & Livingston.

I've no doubts we'll meet you & your Mrs. someday. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I doubt we will have time for what we have to do. The nephew wants to do some work around the house & we have some serious cooking to do. I’m currently getting the smoker regulated for the bacon I cured. They both are foodies so I need to tech them the fine art of smoking. View attachment 410702 View attachment 410703
    Oh that looks good.
    Totally understand about you not coming, hopefully we'll meet another time :)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think my wifey & I may be able to make it. I'll pencil it on as a strong maybe on this one.
    As it was - the plans we had yesterday that kept us from @Axxe55 's shindig also got cancelled - I was down all damn day yesterday with a nasty bout of food poisoning. I woke up this morning afraid to fart and with a pounding headache from dehydration.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think my wifey & I may be able to make it. I'll pencil it on as a strong maybe on this one.
    As it was - the plans we had yesterday that kept us from @Axxe55 's shindig also got cancelled - I was down all damn day yesterday with a nasty bout of food poisoning. I woke up this morning afraid to fart and with a pounding headache from dehydration.
    hope you get better soon! at least i hope you didnt'fart and shit allover yourself!t

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    hope you get better soon! at least i hope you didnt'fart and shit allover yourself!t

Thankfully we have our own bathroom attached to our bedroom. Even then, there were some seriously close calls. I passed out a couple times. It was not pleasant, but I think its pretty well behind me. Appetite returned about 9PM last night. Managed coffee and a turkey sammich today with no ill effects.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Thankfully we have our own bathroom attached to our bedroom. Even then, there were some seriously close calls. I passed out a couple times. It was not pleasant, but I think its pretty well behind me. Appetite returned about 9PM last night. Managed coffee and a turkey sammich today with no ill effects.
    been there done that!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Well, I dont know what to click on this post - so I'll just put you down for a Strong Maybe. :)

Top Bottom