Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Venture Surplus ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Looks like a ton of fun. My ram is a 4x4 and all stock though. Its also my dd so I can really tear it up like those crawlers. Really wish I had an old CJ to some this stuff. Another place to go would be marble falls adventure park. I just to ride my 4 wheeler and dirt bikes there. Its.centrally located and if remember correctly you can rent stuff there to ride on.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Looks like we got some decent interest in this. Marble Falls is a good park, but they don't have many beginner trails. The terrain is pretty gnarly and not stock truck friendly. Barnwell terrain is a bit looser and more forgiving to axles.

IMO, Barnwell is still the best park to give everyone the opportunity to test their 4x4 without risk to the truck. We understand that many of these vehicles are our daily drivers!

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    View attachment 17527
    I wonder how my jeep would do on the regular trails...

I will be in this:
    540773_10100158322853524_2034905669_n.jpg

so you don't have to worry about tackling the more difficult trails. we will keep it simple, and test the limits more and more as everyone gets more brave (and stupid) through the course of the weekend. i just got this thing 2 days ago, so i don't want to ruin the pimptastic paint just yet! :D

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    So are we going to have a "mall crawler" trail ride then a trail rig ride? Wouldnt mind stretching my pickups legs a bit offroad. I dont mind getting it dirty too much but scratches and dents arent cool.

Personally I'd prefer closer to summer time, spring time is yard work and deer lease maintenance time for me.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    So are we going to have a "mall crawler" trail ride then a trail rig ride? Wouldnt mind stretching my pickups legs a bit offroad. I dont mind getting it dirty too much but scratches and dents arent cool.

Personally I'd prefer closer to summer time, spring time is yard work and deer lease maintenance time for me.

Yes, I pan on a mall crawler ride first. I suspect many of us will be n00bs to off roading, or at the least, don't want to mess up their daily driver. The trails are pretty wide at BMRA so there's not too much risk of Texas pinstriping, but the rocky sections will really put out a LWB truck and you're liable to crush a rocker panel. Your Rubicon would be killer on the trails.

Summer is good for me as well. I would actually prefer it.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If we do summer, that will give me plenty of time to get the new brakes, new tires, and posi-track installed like I've been wanting to do anyways.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    you're not too far from me. it's not out of the question that i may have an extra spot on the trailer if you want to load up your jeep and car pool up there. i'm about 5hrs from BMRA.

Top Bottom