• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Let's try and put together a TexasGunTalk 4x4 meet. We can BBQ, shoot guns (depending on venue), or more importantly - go WHEELING!

There are quite a few OHV parks that are centrally located. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking BVORR (Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch). It's in Bryan so about the same distance for everyone from SA/DFW/Houston/Austin. It's a private park but I can set it up with the owner, if we can get a decent turnout.

If we want to make it a weekend-long event with camping, we could go to BMRA (Barnwell Mountain) in Gilmer, near Longview. It would be quite a drive for the west Texas folks, but it's a great park. Huge property with trails ranging from 2WD-friendly to hardcore where a flip/flip/roll is almost guaranteed. There are trails for dirt bikes, quads, and side by sides, as well as full hookups if you want to bring a travel trailer.

Anybody interested?

I project a date sometime in mid/late spring?

162957_585487343504_7346183_n.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sounds like something that could be a lot of fun. Not sure if I could make it and my 4X4 is pretty tame but definitely a cool idea.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I won't take my truck to do this, since it's not as capable as your Wranglers + I don't want to mess it up. I will however ride shotgun with Alex.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Sounds like something that could be a lot of fun. Not sure if I could make it and my 4X4 is pretty tame but definitely a cool idea.

I'm sure I can talk my 4x4 buddies into tagging along. Among us all, I'm sure there will be plenty of passenger seats so that everyone can go for a ride on some of the gnarlier trails.

Of course, we always welcome everyone to take their own 4x4s on the trails, to see what they're capable of. We have a trail leader, a tail gunner, and a spotter to make sure you get through the trail with zero damage. We have lots of beginner wheelers at all our events, so don't be shy.

Like I said, there's a trail for everyone. We usually just guide everyone around the park, over every obstacle, then save the hardcore trails for the end of the weekend. That way we break our Jeeps when it's time to load them up and head home anyway!

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I will be bringing my new-to-me Range Rover which is still stock (but hopefully not for long), so I will probably be on the easier trails most of the weekend, to help guide everyone. I will probably trailer my rock buggy out there though.

2slow

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    beaumont
    i have always wanted to ride this park.. but all i have is a kawasaki teryx with long travel suspension, i guess that would be fine??

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I will be bringing my new-to-me Range Rover which is still stock (but hopefully not for long), so I will probably be on the easier trails most of the weekend, to help guide everyone. I will probably trailer my rock buggy out there though.

Want to let me drive that?

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    i have always wanted to ride this park.. but all i have is a kawasaki teryx with long travel suspension, i guess that would be fine??

Absolutely! They will do well on many of the trails, and especially WOT on the access roads!

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    that beast probably has more off-road miles on it than 90% of the modified Jeeps you see

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    To bad all I have now is my 05 2500 diesel lol if I still had the K5 I had when I was a kid I'd be all over tackling some Texas trails. Is there a Diesel bunny slope lol.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I'd be interested, my jeep is nothing special. 06 rubicon on a 4" lift with 33s and other offroad goodies. I wont do any of the extreme stuff but puttin arou d some trails sounds like fun.
    IMG_2138.jpg

Doubt I'll take the truck out, one vehicle to clean is enough
    IMAG0728.jpg

Top Bottom