• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Just checked out the scores... Of course, Trip slaughtered us! (I didn't even see him there?) Anyways, I thought I shot worse than the scores reflect, but it's always hard for me to tell when I'm the RO on a squad with mostly new competitors. I need to be squaded with shooters much better than I am, so I have someone to chase.

Kurt, any particular reason for the switch to Limited for the USSA match? You shooting Limited at Fallen Brethren in October?

Thanks,
    -Randy

Of course Trip slaughtered us.. I expect as much... Trip has more trigger time than most of us combined. I took his competition carbine class a few weeks ago and took a lot out of it.

USSA seems like it might be a more open run and gun match but the deciding factor for me is that they only go out to 300 on their long range stage. I pretty much run my Blackbird 2 on either 1.5 or 8 and not much in between. I find that I can shoot a lot faster on closer range stuff with my aimpoint because I can shoot it with both eyes open. I can however clean up at 300 with my long range scope, but then again so can most everyone else.. so.... I am also going to see how many people are shooting Lim vs Tac at USSA. I haven't totally made up my mind yet, might end up running my normal Tac Optics rig (suppressed OBR with Horus Blackbird) at USSA.

I am shooting Tac Optics as both Ozark and FB3G. I am ROing FB3G however so will be shooting the RO match.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    USSA seems like it might be a more open run and gun match but the deciding factor for me is that they only go out to 300 on their long range stage.

I am shooting Tac Optics as both Ozark and FB3G. I am ROing FB3G however so will be shooting the RO match.

That's why I shot Limited at Larue/TXMG... mostly run & gun. My shotgun taking a dump on 2 stages killed me at that match. Oh, and I couldn't hit at 480 with an EOTech, go figure.

I'm toying with the idea of Heavy Optics or Trooper at FB3G, depending on what the rules look like and how many in those divisions. If not, I'll probably stay in Limited since that's where most of my practice has been this year. I'm likely staying out of Tac Optics as long as the pros have to shoot there for 3GN points.

Unfortunately, I had to withdraw from Ozark. Work is getting in the way of my amateur 3GN career!

-Randy

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Yeah, I should have shot Limited at the TX Multigun too... I couldn't possibly have done any worse than I did on the long range with my circle dot Swarovski Z6i in a hefty crosswind anyway. I sold that scope that weekend... lol.

I haven't shot my REPR as much as I would like to so maybe Heavy Optics at FB3G wouldn't suck... need to think about that.

Top Bottom