• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Had a good match today. Pretty hot so only about 35 people showed up. Sheldon put together 5 solid stages. I ran my limited setup getting ready for the big USSA 3 Gun match in Tulsa next month.

DK Firearms

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Stage 3 and 5, what were the distances on the pistol targets? Looked to be big boy distance!

Nice shooting man, I really need to start shooting competitively again.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Kurt, nice videos! I'm glad to see more people shooting Limited with me.

Limited does have it's challenges... My squad was the last one to shoot long range. Jonathan and I couldn't even see the two right hangers since all the splatter made them the same color as the berm by that time.

Anyways, lots of new competitors, which is always a good thing. They were all motivated to help out and did some good shooting!

See ya next time!
    -Randy Smith

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Stage 3 and 5, what were the distances on the pistol targets? Looked to be big boy distance!

Nice shooting man, I really need to start shooting competitively again.

Sheldon's matches always have quite a few "sniper pistol" targets, which are great practice. The plates on 5 were not too far away probably 10-15 yards, the FAST targets were probably 20-25 yards.

The FAST targets on 3 were about 30 yards.

Kurt, nice videos! I'm glad to see more people shooting Limited with me.

Limited does have it's challenges... My squad was the last one to shoot long range. Jonathan and I couldn't even see the two right hangers since all the splatter made them the same color as the berm by that time.

Anyways, lots of new competitors, which is always a good thing. They were all motivated to help out and did some good shooting!

See ya next time!
    -Randy Smith

We were the second group through. I don't generally shoot limited, just I am shooting it at a big match next month. I prefer my 1.5-8x Horus Vision scope for stages exactly like this. We were the second squad through the long range and I couldn't really see any of the targets but the FAST target. If I posted that video it would be funny because I keep asking if there is another target out there.. lol I got the left gong in a few shots, the FAST target was easy, then I did a recon by fire right of the FAST target and got one of those. Of course the smart thing would have been to stop shooting and take the penalties.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sheldon's matches always have quite a few "sniper pistol" targets, which are great practice. The plates on 5 were not too far away probably 10-15 yards, the FAST targets were probably 20-25 yards.

The FAST targets on 3 were about 30 yards.

So they weren't as bad as some of the pistol targets at last week's 3 gun. :p

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I really would like to get into something like this just not sure where to start. Damn fine shooting though.

Get a carbine, a couple of magazines, and some way to carry a spare carbine mag (mag pouches for the belt are best). Then get a pistol, a couple magazines, and a couple mag pouches. Make sure you know the zero of both your guns and show up at Best of the West in Liberty Hill on the 4th Saturday around 9-930am.. :)

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I was there. Not enough sleep, too long of a drive (I usually stay in Austin friday night when I'm shooting TXMG), but I didn't do too bad. The long range wasn't a problem, but I had been spotting hits for everyone and the guy spotting for me couldn't make out the targets with my binos. It gets frustrating when I can see the target swinging and hear the hit, but no one's calling it...haha, oh well.

dunnrite

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Kingsland
    I was there. Shot horribly (note to self, don't go out with friends the night before a match). Still had a blast and Trip and Sheldon taught me a lot. Maybe I'll do better on the next one, or the next one, or...well, you see where I'm going.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Get a carbine, a couple of magazines, and some way to carry a spare carbine mag (mag pouches for the belt are best). Then get a pistol, a couple magazines, and a couple mag pouches. Make sure you know the zero of both your guns and show up at Best of the West in Liberty Hill on the 4th Saturday around 9-930am.. :)

Got the firearms and accessories part covered just need to find time to actually check it out.

It's not that hard. I wrote out a longish how-to article in this section to help you.

Thanks a lot, I kind of remember skimming that awhile back but I'll be sure to look that up and actually read it.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Dammit Randy, you got me by less than 32.5 seconds.. :( I had a few bad stages. Nice match bro.

Just checked out the scores... Of course, Trip slaughtered us! (I didn't even see him there?) Anyways, I thought I shot worse than the scores reflect, but it's always hard for me to tell when I'm the RO on a squad with mostly new competitors. I need to be squaded with shooters much better than I am, so I have someone to chase.

Kurt, any particular reason for the switch to Limited for the USSA match? You shooting Limited at Fallen Brethren in October?

Thanks,
    -Randy

dunnrite

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Kingsland
    Trip was in the third squad with me. As well as Sheldon and Marcy. Trip and Sheldon were very impressive to watch (as were some others who's names escape me). And also gave me (and other newbies) pointers along the way. Great group.

Top Bottom