DK Firearms

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I have a direct line to Seliger via friends in the Panhandle (he used to be Mayor of Amarillo my dad was a county commissioner) it was made crystal to him that if he voted against it we'd find a way to primary him out. My father is also part of the PAC that convinced Trump to run in 2016 , so you're welcome.
    Boom!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I only can hope Texas protects us from this Administration’s attempts to remove guns from honest people who just want to protects themselves and their family from thieves and criminals

Oh, they want to do so very bad. they tried so hard to add amendments that would pretty much do this. Things like red flag laws and mental evaluations to be able to carry.

I did have my doubts and thought this bill would die in the Senate, but we pulled it off this time. Way to go Texas, about damn time, woot woot

Crossroads

Wild West Pimp
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Round Rock, TX
    I didn't get to listen to the entire amendment debates but I did hear they added an amendment for 30.05 signs for non licensed carrier. Sounds like it'll follow the same guide lines for .07 and .06 signs. That will be used instead of the verbal communication that was in the house bill which they removed. They increased penalties for people caught carrying and they're prohibited possessor. It'll be a 2nd degree felony instead of 3rd degree. I think they added language for anyone that commits a violent misdemeanor or weapons misdemeanor will be prohibited. Not 100% sure on that.

The attempt to add an amendment to be mentally evaluated and have a "card" good for 4 years that shows you're "sane" was a real WTAF moment. That person is a damn communist full stop

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I didn't get to listen to the entire amendment debates but I did hear they added an amendment for 30.05 signs for non licensed carrier. Sounds like it'll follow the same guide lines for .07 and .06 signs. That will be used instead of the verbal communication that was in the house bill which they removed. They increased penalties for people caught carrying and they're prohibited possessor. It'll be a 2nd degree felony instead of 3rd degree. I think they added language for anyone that commits a violent misdemeanor or weapons misdemeanor will be prohibited. Not 100% sure on that.

The attempt to add an amendment to be mentally evaluated and have a "card" good for 4 years that shows you're "sane" was a real WTAF moment. That person is a damn communist full stop

I just had this playing while I worked. Well, I did live chat just a little. It’s all here.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    yes they are. "sqeeky" (past gal from Co IIRC) gal had a question about a LTC concealed carrier entering the Capital vs a non-LTC (as if this bill passed) if they could be questioned as to carrying or not. I hoped he would say 'how do you know someone is carrying concealed IF it is concealed?". He did a great job. Elect more like him.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    So....not a done deal yet?

Still has to go through another House/Senate committee?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So....not a done deal yet?

Still has to go through another House/Senate committee?

Almost done;

If a bill is returned to the originating chamber with amendments, the originating chamber can either agree to the amendments or request a conference committee to work out differences between the house version and the senate version. If the amendments are agreed to, the bill is put in final form, signed by the presiding officers, and sent to the governor.

My understanding is the house is likely to agree to the amendments so a conference committee is unlikely.

Should be seeing action quickly. The fly in the ointment is the law is most likely going to have an effective date of 1 Sep 2021, so there will still be a wait even if hot wheels signed it tomorrow.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Most likely, the House will agree to the amendments, as they are very acceptable and close to what the House had. If this does go to conference and debated, it may not make it to the Governor's desk in time to be signed.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Almost done;

If a bill is returned to the originating chamber with amendments, the originating chamber can either agree to the amendments or request a conference committee to work out differences between the house version and the senate version. If the amendments are agreed to, the bill is put in final form, signed by the presiding officers, and sent to the governor.

My understanding is the house is likely to agree to the amendments so a conference committee is unlikely.

Should be seeing action quickly. The fly in the ointment is the law is most likely going to have an effective date of 1 Sep 2021, so there will still be a wait even if hot wheels signed it tomorrow.

Rep Schaffer has already agreed to all of the amendments that were offered and approved today. Sen Schwertner had the prep approved prior to submitting them. So the house will approve without a conference. It should go to the House and be voted on Monday or Tuesday. Then it takes about 3-5 days to enroll and transfer to th Govs desk. The gov will get 10 days to sign.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom