• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    To my knowledge not in criminal court. Since the justifications afforded in chapter 9, penal code, are a defense to prosecution defendant must produce evidence supporting the defense before the court can consider it.

Oh I didn't bother to read about the defense. So much for that bent. Any way, that shows you how much I know about the actual trial. There's a reason I keep a criminal defense attorney's number in my cell phone and wallet. Never needed it... just like I never needed my seat belt.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    DAMN!

I completely forgot to loan him these:

get-out-of-jail-free-card2.jpg

get-out-of-jail-free.jpg

Stone MF cold, but LMFAO !!!
    As the London Turns continues ...

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    So, several people on this board - myself included - have hypothesised that London was thrown in the slammer over the weekend.

If true, and after viewing the latest news, I wonder how it feels to know that Casey Anthony got out of jail before you?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Whoo-wee, what a roast! A lot of pretty bold assumptions here considering no one here actually knows me, or what I am capable of accomplishing!

Well, friends, fear not. The court date has come and gone and this is how the nickel rolled:

The prosecutor took roll of all police officers present. Those who were present either said, “Here,” or raised their hands. Since they were all in the back of the room behind the defendants it wasn’t possible to see who actually raised their hands unless you had your neck turned 180 degrees. After this the prosecutor dismissed the cases in which the police didn’t appear.

He then called me up first (despite the fact I signed in last) and gave me the usual scare speech explaining the rigmarole of court, how I will be held to the same standards as an attorney, and how he could make me a deal to keep the charges off of my record. I told him I engaged in legal self-defense and and legal defense of another person and wanted a jury trial. He told me he would speak to the officer who wrote the ticket and see what he could “Work out.” He then made a very staged looking effort to call for the officer. It turns out the officer wasn’t there so the case was dismissed.

In case you missed what just happened, I will explain. The prosecutor knew I was going to be a tough nut to crack. A few days earlier he saw the loads of paperwork, the copy of the Texas penal code, and, yes, the police report my lady friend brought in for her defense. He knew the two of us were together and involved in the same incident (she told him this). He knew I wasn’t going to be any easier than she was, so he had to get creative. When calling roll he had to have known the officer wasn’t in court. Since he called first and last names and badge numbers, there’s absolutely no way for him think otherwise. So he attempted a fake-out. He still called me up and gave the scare speech to try to get me to wheel and deal, knowing full well the case should have been dismissed from the beginning. I called his bluff and walked away for it.

Now- here’s where the story gets even more interesting. Earlier in this thread another member posted the wise observation: “A little psychology goes along way.” What I never mentioned earlier in my telling of the incident, as it seemed irrelevant at the time, is that after all the tickets were written on the night of the incident, there was a lone cop who actually acted like a true professional who I engaged in pleasant conversation with. I thought I knew him from several years earlier (I was wrong about this), we talked, and discovered we were both Air Force vets. We both left on a very good note, given the circumstances. This is the cop who didn’t show up for court.

Although I can’t prove it, I believe through the conversation he gained a glimpse of my character and perhaps made a conscious decision not to show up. Who knows? The fact remains that I got off and have nothing to complain about. I’m sure many will say I got lucky. Well I don’t believe in luck, but you’re welcome to disagree.

Anyway, all is well and I sincerely appreciate the helpful comments of all who were concerned about me. Even though I chose to take the lesser traveled path, many of you were at least able to respectfully disagree with me. I respect you all the more for being able to do so. Again, thank you.

To all of you who wrote insulting, desparaging, and derogatory comments- thanks for the amusement. Your words of discouragement make my victory all the sweeter. But to show there’s no hard feelings, I dedicate this song to you:

Anyway; I’m outta here. I gotta go train for my cage fight with Chuck Norris. What, are you guys gonna say I can’t pull that off, too???

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Okay, did a little digging. He obsfucated the info on the criminal history, so I won't "out" him by straightening it out.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this; I gave the facts as they were presented to me straight from a DPS criminal record search. If you know of a better service to use, please tell me; it may prove useful some day.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If you look at his Fb page, he has some anti-LEO rants.

I am not anti-LEO; I am anti-corruption and incompetence. Good cops are amongst those who I reserve my highest respects for.

Also, please keep any information gleaned form my FB page private; as it is a private profile. Thanks.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Good news. If someone disrespects my wife You best believe they will be getting a knuckle sandwich from me as well. Good job, and I am glad this is over for You.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    London, this is the last comment I will make towards you. Your unearned and ignorant arrogance is going to cost you big one day. The ONLY reason you squirreled out of this was the charging officer was absent. None of your other moronic posturing meant anything.

What you HAVE earned is the contempt of those members of this forum who understand life, the law and proper behavior. No one is impressed with you.

Top Bottom