• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Will ya take a broken barska scope, 3 chickens, a rusty rake, and a midget in trade?

1.) Need pix of the midget
    2.) How does said midget look in a leather corset and heels
    3.) Can the midget cook?
    4.) If provided the appropriate ladder or stool, do they do windows?
    5.) On a scale of 0 to Casey Anthony, how crazy is said midget?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Y'all know I'm really anti-BOS and mandated background checks for private purchases.

Something about selling there still feels off to me. Like it's way too easy to encounter a felon looking to buy.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Y'all know I'm really anti-BOS and mandated background checks for private purchases.

Something about selling there still feels off to me. Like it's way too easy to encounter a felon looking to buy.

Many of those I have dealt with have their LTC. I generally ask if they have one or not and ask to see it, if so, when meeting. Puts me a little more at ease. No BOS or pics though. I do have dash cam though I keep on all the time.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I've recently learned it's full of Flakes and Scammers and when you list TEXT ONLY! and they message you well now whatcha hiding? I gave it a go but won't list anything else. I do see things are selling though.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I'm battin about .500 with Texas Gun Trader. Just bought a pistol from a great seller. I've also been stood up in a parking lot at Bucees. Buyer or seller beware. If you go into a deal off that site, just keep your head on a swivel.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just use some common sense throughout the deal and things should go smoothly. Talk to them and get some idea. Only accept a meeting with someone you are comfortable talking to at least. Don't be desperate. Sure there are flakes out there just as anywhere else. Sometimes you have to do your own winnowing and not rely on something or someone else to do it for you. I have had relatively good experiences but I pay attention. Easy to just pass over the scam ads. There are few places that have the reach that site does, especially on a local basis.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Overall, I have had good luck buying/selling on TGTrader. I only deal with people that include a phone number in their ad. Messaging is spotty at best. Text is quick, easy, and to the point. If conversation sounds off for any reason or they try to overcomplicate things I say, "No thanks", and end communication. I've never been stood up but I have had a few deals go south over text. If they are a pain they get blocked. Haven't dealt with the fee yet.

ETA:
    Deal breakers for me are:
    BOS
    Not willing to show TX ID
    No phone number
    IP Address does not match
    Sounding like a family member or friend is buying for them or vice versa
    Sounding underage

jbrig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    Houston
    I have bought, sold and traded several times on Texas Gun Trader. I have never had a problem with any of the buyers, sellers or traders.

The 2 things that I don't like about the site is the scammers and the idiots. The idiots are those people that post messages warning others about the scammers, telling about their bad experiences and griping about the prices some sellers ask for their things. Some people, idiots, just don't understand the difference between a classifieds site and a forum.

It seems like the owner of the site doesn't care about the scammers and the idiots, he does nothing to stop them.

ETA, there is no fee for selling.

I am one who wants to gripe about the prices some folks on Texas Gun Trader are asking. Of course I don't gripe publicly on the site though. When people try to sell their stock, used gun for way over typical new list price it does bug me. It is easy enough to keep scrolling on by those posts though. I am pretty impressed with the classified section on this site. People seem to be pretty fair in their pricing. Now I just need to get my post count up so I can buy/sell on here haha!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I am one who wants to gripe about the prices some folks on Texas Gun Trader are asking. Of course I don't gripe publicly on the site though. When people try to sell their stock, used gun for way over typical new list price it does bug me. It is easy enough to keep scrolling on by those posts though. I am pretty impressed with the classified section on this site. People seem to be pretty fair in their pricing. Now I just need to get my post count up so I can buy/sell on here haha!
    Another option is to buy a membership and bypass the 25 post count requirement if that would work for you.

Top Bottom