• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Being in Illinois, I wonder if you are even allowed by law to purchase a firearm from Texas. Something about FOID cards etc. etc. Serious question.
    He can buy a rifle from a FFL in Texas, but not a private seller. The FFL will have to follow all the laws of both States.

By federal law, you can purchase a long gun out-of-state in any state, but only from an FFL. The FFL must comply with both his state's laws and Illinois laws. That means the FFL should check your FOID for validity and enforce Illinois' waiting period. (Technically that's on him if he doesn't).

Some states have laws about which states' residents can buy firearms in that state. The Illinois FOID Act restricts Illinois residents to buying long guns in Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Kentucky. If you try to buy a gun in a state that doesn't prohibit sales to Illinois residents, but it isn't one of those in the FOID Act, supposedly the FFL should deny the sale. (Prosecuting either you or the FFL could be a challenge, especially if you don't bring the firearm back into Illinois.)

You don't have to have the long gun shipped to an Illinois FFL. Of course, FFLs frequently enforce conditions that don't exist in any law
    Hurley's Gold

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Exactly unfortunately you have to pony it up of you want it. They are going to makes some money off you!!
    If you really know what gun you want just find a FFL holder that will do the transfer cheap. Its as easy as doing a search online of cheap FFL's in your zip code.

If the gun wholesales X amount and he wants $25.00 then the taxes that Illinois bleeds you for. If you know the cost off the gun offer it up front so he is not coming out of pocket.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have used this site for all of my gun purchases. All sent to the local gun range where I'm a member but don't have to be one. They will know who can get what legally across state lines, very easily. And all orders online to keep it easy.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Yes sir DaBull that's exactly what i want TX BBQ. I personally believe know can do BBQ better than Texans. I don't want to upset anyone just my opinion.
    michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    THERE ARE REGIONAL DIFFERENCES IN BBQ BUT TEXAS BBQ IS ABOUT BRISKET I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND ANY BETTER BRISKET THAN TEXAS!
    Wut? I never said anything about Texas bbq or brisket.

You probably don't know this but I'm 100% born and bred Texan. We pretty much have brisket for every special occasion like birthdays or holidays.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I've never had any bad BBQ anywhere in Texas, period. I agree that brisket is the measuring stick for most folks, is where it all begins. I was always trying the ribs though at places since anyone can make brisket. Didn't take along to separate the winners and losers on that and a few are my definite winners I can't wait to visit each time. I was stunned when ordering at a well known favorite place award winner (mostly take out) that they didn't have jalapenos. I politely asked why would you serve BBQ in Texas but not have jalapenos. I guess we're all picky eaters in Texas on BBQ....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That has the possibility to be a culture shock to those folks.
    The story was being told in a video. The storyteller is sitting outside of the restaurant with a huge sheet pan of everything offered in the restaurant. As people walk past all but some women on her phone turn to admire the pan of food. My guess the smell & sight of the food is cultural & culinary shock. They show the pit and it pretty much nothing like one expects from a great pit room.

Top Bottom