• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I would love to hunt some of the wild hogs there in texas.
    What kind of hunting do you do in Illinois?There are feral hogs to be hunted in Missouri & Arkansa with out the big drive to Texas.

Most people not to familiar with Texas don't know there is very limited public hunting land in Texas. And even with the population of feral hogs on the rise its mostly a pay to hunt deal, unless you know someone with land & they trust you enough to hunt on it.

Or are you interested in some of the more exotic ways of hunting feral hogs like at night with night vision, or with machine guns and by helicopter?

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    Thanks baboon I really appreciate that info. I wish I knew someone with alot of land to hunt on .It would be nice to hunt a few feral hogs.

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    I want to know how much a Italian beef and sausage combo cost these days and if anyone still drinks Old Style?

Why? Chicago has way more things to do and check out. One could spend a week in the Field Museum alone.
    I met My wife while I was visiting my aunt in Chicago. My wife is a special education teacher in Chicago so I fell for her she did not want to live in vicksburg she wanted to continue to teach in Chicago so I move to Chicago and we got married. But I show do miss home. The swear the north ait nothing like the south.i miss her.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome from San Antonio. Giordano's is my fave pizza in Chicago, but I have since fallen in love with Detroit style pizza. Make sure you try some authentic TX BBQ when you come down.

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    My brother come up from vicksburg and we go hunting in Southern Illinois. Strictly deer. I can purchase a weapon in texas with my foid card .

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    If I'm buying from a from like a cabelas I was told the can ship it to another cabelas in illinois. That's what I was told .

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    Willkommen from The Big Town. Visit places other than Houston, or any big city. They will be like Chicago, drive around same the smaller towns. That will get you the real Texas experience. Just my 2 cents
    Thanks Fishkiller for the info. I would love to visit some of the snall towns in texas. She's a big state with a whole lot of small towns. If you can recommend any I would appreciate it. Thanks Fishkiller

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    Welcome from San Antonio. Giordano's is my fave pizza in Chicago, but I have since fallen in love with Detroit style pizza. Make sure you try some authentic TX BBQ when you come down.
    Yes sir DaBull that's exactly what i want TX BBQ. I personally believe know can do BBQ better than Texans. I don't want to upset anyone just my opinion.

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    Welcome to the forum. Being in Illinois, I wonder if you are even allowed by law to purchase a firearm from Texas. Something about FOID cards etc. etc. Serious question.
    Hello Bozz 10mm I was shopping for a new riffle at cabelas in Dolton, Il they did not have the 270 at that store but they have one in in a cabelas in Fort Worth I was told by the sale person they could transfer the riffle from the cabelas in Fort Worth to there store in Dolton , Illinois.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My brother come up from vicksburg and we go hunting in Southern Illinois. Strictly deer. I can purchase a weapon in texas with my foid card .
    I highly doubt it. You might be show the door.

One trip I made to Illinois my buddy took me to gun stores. One had a rifle I wanted to see. The guy behind the counter asked for my FOID card. I dropped my handgun permit and he shown me the door.

At least in Texas we let out of state visitors look around gun shops.

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    Welcome to the forum. Being in Illinois, I wonder if you are even allowed by law to purchase a firearm from Texas. Something about FOID cards etc. etc. Serious question.
    I was at cabelas looking for a 270 the dod not jave one at that store they have one at a cabelas om Fort Worth I was told by the the sales person they could have the riffle transferred for from cabelas on Fort Worth to the cabelas in IL. I Present my foid card to cabelas here in Il

AlvinT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2024
    Chicago, Il
    I can see a dealer to dealer transfer taking place, but you buying it In Illinois. Then you can pony up the extra expense of the transfer, S&H.
    Exactly unfortunately you have to pony it up of you want it. They are going to makes some money off you!!

Top Bottom