• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I ordered my 2 last week one for my glock 20 the other for my fnx 45 tactical :) I would hate to be outgunned lol

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Yep.....because we gotta expend all our police and court resources on them victimless crimes....

I think a simple warning will do nicely.
    Broken window theory. Plus, I didn't say the cops should arrest and DA should go for full punishment either. Sure wouldn't care if they did though.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Tomorrow, every OWB holster will be sold out. Backordered for a year....

I've never been a fan of the IWB holsters. I don't like having to order pants a couple inches larger in the waist just so my firearm will fit and then end up having them fall off my ass if I wear them without a gun. :)

I settled on OWB holsters a few years ago. Eventually settled for the OWB Kydex paddle holsters after I had bought a G29 and even bought one for a M1911. It's good enough for a Glock since the Glocks are too butt-ugly to open carry anyway. For a M1911 though, a nice leather holster is more appropriate.

For concealed carry, I just wear a vest as a covering garment. I hate having a wallet in my back pocket, so it's actually more convenient that way anyway. Plus, it gives me a place for my cell phone, pens, and other stuff that would be filling up a shirt pocket. Sure, most people in the know will know that I'm carrying, but this is Texas and anyone who knows is also not very likely to care. It's not like if I was having to carry in some leftist bastion like NY or MA.

Last edited:

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    My apologies if this has already been covered...but I couldn't find a correct answer...

Are there any retention requirements for an open carry holster, or is any holster acceptable?

Thanks.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    no retention required belt or sholder holster is what it calls for.

My apologies if this has already been covered...but I couldn't find a correct answer...

Are there any retention requirements for an open carry holster, or is any holster acceptable?

Thanks.

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    no retention required belt or sholder holster is what it calls for.

Just read the law and it does in fact mention "belt" holster and not "waist" as I had originally thought. So, I have to wonder if that means that technically you cannot legally carry in a paddle holster unless you are wearing a belt. So, suspenders and a paddle holster would not be allowed if you go by the literal wording of the legislation. Maybe the wording will need to get tweaked a bit or we will need the AG to issue an opinion that says that "belt holster" really just means a holster word along the waist.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just read the law and it does in fact mention "belt" holster and not "waist" as I had originally thought. So, I have to wonder if that means that technically you cannot legally carry in a paddle holster unless you are wearing a belt. So, suspenders and a paddle holster would not be allowed if you go by the literal wording of the legislation. Maybe the wording will need to get tweaked a bit or we will need the AG to issue an opinion that says that "belt holster" really just means a holster word along the waist.

Isn't a paddle holster designed to attach to a belt (belt grooves, indentations, etc.)? In other words, a paddle holster made for a belt would be, by definition, a belt holster, wouldn't it? The law specifies belt holster, not belt + holster.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Isn't a paddle holster designed to attach to a belt (belt grooves, indentations, etc.)? In other words, a paddle holster made for a belt would be, by definition, a belt holster, wouldn't it? The law specifies belt holster, not belt + holster.

My Safariland ALS PADDLE holster has a definite top ridge and bottom bracket that is designed for use with a belt. None of my styles of pants would support a gun and holster without a sturdy belt.

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    If I'm using an ACU style belt with my jeans, it doesn't really provide much in the way of support for a heavy handgun in a paddle holster. With a regular belt holster, I find the buckle slowly slipping and the gun drooping a bit. With a paddle holster, it's not that bad.

acux_091_us_army_universal_acu_54_inch_desert_brown_nylon_belt_grande.jpg

As such, the belt doesn't really do that much over just the waistband of the jeans. A pair of suspenders helps a lot though... :)

Top Bottom