• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DenverGp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Anna Tx
    Second truck to go off of 75 in that general area in the past month... Strange coincidence or is there something unusual about the road configuration there?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    More info - the truck apparently hit a Mustang driving in front of it (no real details there - news report says it's "not clear who was at fault") before departing the highway.

There was no saving him. The cab of his truck was immediately demolished and engulfed in flames. He was most likely killed instantly. No one could even get close it was a raging inferno. I will never forget it

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It depends on the shape of the wall. If it bells at the bottom, you hit at the right angle and your tires can hit before the fender, I have seen cars drive up them. Two on the wall, two tires on the pavement. It is possible.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I have been in a big truck 29 years now, 23 over the road and the last 6 on a fuel truck. It is so much worse out there than it use to be. I have seen some bad wreaks in my career but that one would rate up there with the worst. Setting there watching that happen makes you want to move to the middle of nowhere and not leave again.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Yes, that was crazy and lucky nobody was hurt considering the high traffic area! When I was an early teenage, was going with dad to deer hunt in south Texas. A car hit the highway median from the other way, flipped and landed upside down right in front of us. Two women and I think they survived though the roof crushed and one was bleeding pretty good. I still have that image in my head after 45 years.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've seen a couple terrible accidents. One was when a toyota pickup went across the median on 10 south of Phoenix. When it came up the other side it launched into the air and came down right ontop of a van going the other direction. Driver was killed instantly. The van was full of bodies in body bags.

It sticks with you a while.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    To be clear, this was a crash/wreck, not an accident. Not until the crash is ruled accidental.
    And statistically, only a tiny fraction of crashes is accidental. Usually someone fks up.
    And what's worse is when the perpetrator kills unsuspecting innocent victims.
    Chances are that the truck was hit and the driver could not recover from the new path of travel which took him off the overpass.
    I've seen enough car-on-semi crashes that I can say that it often isn't the operator's fault. They just get blamed by the public because it is easier to have a scapegoat.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom