d165a8a532584bee606120fb85f2e89d.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 482

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In 1846, US forces led by General Zachary Taylor were engaged north of the Rio Grande, along the Brownsville - Matamoros Road by Mexican forces led by General Mariano Arista, marking the first battle of the Mexican-American War.

US forces, outnumbered and outgunned, prevailed thru superior light and heavy artillery tactical employment.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/history/palo-alto-mexican-american-war.html

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    This is a bone IV. I got to see one for the first time put into a patient who went into cardiac arrest Sunday. Made me rethink being resuscitated in the event I should become a code

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A calorie is a unit of heat energy.
    Measured, it takes one calorie to heat a kilogram of water through 1 degree C
    There are about 3500 calories in pound of human fat.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    There was a time when almost every rural British family who kept bees followed a strange tradition. Whenever there was a death in the family, someone had to go out to the hives and tell the bees of the terrible loss that had befallen the family. Failing to do so often resulted in further loss such as the bees leaving the hive, or not producing enough honey or even dying. Traditionally, the bees were kept abreast of not only deaths but all important family matters including births, marriages, and long absence due to journeys. If the bees were not told, all sorts of calamities were thought to happen. This peculiar custom is known as “telling the bees

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There was a time when almost every rural British family who kept bees followed a strange tradition. Whenever there was a death in the family, someone had to go out to the hives and tell the bees of the terrible loss that had befallen the family. Failing to do so often resulted in further loss such as the bees leaving the hive, or not producing enough honey or even dying. Traditionally, the bees were kept abreast of not only deaths but all important family matters including births, marriages, and long absence due to journeys. If the bees were not told, all sorts of calamities were thought to happen. This peculiar custom is known as “telling the bees
    You watching Jupiter Ascending again?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Chuck Yeager was a test pilot at a time when the life expectancy for a test pilot was very short - the street names at Edwards AFB attest to this, as they're all named after test pilots who died in the late 40s to early 50s. Yeager loved being a test pilot, and had been at it since the end of WWII through the mid-50s and a promotion to major. By late 1954 he was up for promotion to Lieutenant Colonel and was trying to choose between going back to a regular fighter wing or staying in the flight test program for his next assignment. So he hit his buddy Jack Ridley up, as Ridley had a way with numbers. Here's the account from Gen. Yeager's autobiography:

I asked Ridley if he could calculate on his slide rule how many more flights it would take before the law of averages made it impossible for me to survive. Jack pretended to figure it out on a pad, then he began to laugh. "According to my figures," he said, "Major Charles E Yeager died three years ago."

LtCol Yeager's next assignment was as commander of the 417th Fighter-Bomber Squadron at Hahn AB, Germany.

Top Bottom