• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is no longer the best selling album of all time. (I didn't realize that this was bothering me until I heard this news bit. Nobody doesn't like the "Eagles Greatest Hits".)

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Nobody doesn't like the "Eagles Greatest Hits".)

The Dude does:

huhz3ZV.gif

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Most people believe electricity flows from the positive terminal of a battery to the negative, but the opposite is actually true.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yeah, you can put those spinners on boats, golf carts, tractors, or off-road vehicles....just not on road cars.
    I have not seen anyone post them by the street name, "necker knobs". They were called necker knobs because you could use your left hand to steer and you righ arm wen around you girl friends neck as you drove.

We had them on our ranch trucks, they were mounted at about the 10 o'clock position sorta based upon where your left arm rested on the lower window sill. Before power steering they made the steering wheels rather large and after the vehicle got moving you could steer it with one hand, hence putting it at the 10 position.

I did not own a car with power steering, AC or an auto trans until 1974 and driving our ranch trucks, tractors and cars you learn to drive completely different in how you manage the steering.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    We had them on our ranch trucks, they were mounted at about the 10 o'clock position sorta based upon where your left arm rested on the lower window sill. Before power steering they made the steering wheels rather large and after the vehicle got moving you could steer it with one hand, hence putting it at the 10 position.

I absolutely judge people who turn their wheels while the car is not in motion. Ah, must be one of these kids who always had power steering in their cars. I also judge people whose windshield wipers are going, in my opinion, at the wrong speed, LOL.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Why do most older drivers move to the right side of the lane before making a left turn?
    I am an older driver and I don't do that, that is how you run over the curbs. It could be city drivers that had narrow streets, I grew up in the country, driving truck, pulling horse and hay trailers and you sure did not want to hit curbs etc because it could cause a horse to stumble or hay to fall off, so I was always watching my right mirror and swung out to not hit a curb etc.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Most people believe electricity flows from the positive terminal of a battery to the negative, but the opposite is actually true.
    100% correct.

For that reason if you want to do a hard reboot of your cars computers and clear all codes, restore the original table parameters and force your ECM to relearn everything, you remove the Neg cable and touch it to the positive cable on the battery.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    100% correct.

For that reason if you want to do a hard reboot of your cars computers and clear all codes, restore the original table parameters and force your ECM to relearn everything, you remove the Neg cable and touch it to the positive cable on the battery.

And you always cut the red wire in the last 3 seconds. BTW: Terrorists always follow a strict wire color code when assembling bombs.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    100% correct.

Not sure if joking. If serious, please skip the last part where you're touch the neg cable to the pos one. Just wait three minutes, then reconnect. That's a lot cheaper and safer.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom