The Woodlands, Tx.
    haters-gonna-hate-12.jpg

Gun Zone Deals

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    do the good academies take gi bill? i poked around a bit and some said they did others didnt specify and ive never used mine so im kinda lost.

shooter,

Lone Star College-University Park (Louetta Rd. and SH 249) has a Basic Peace Officer Academy and you can use your GI Bill there. You can take the day class for about 5 months or take the night class and go about 9 months.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    what is the hiring process? do they require you to give up your emails and passwords during interview/bg like others leo agencies in other states?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    what is the hiring process? do they require you to give up your emails and passwords during interview/bg like others leo agencies in other states?
    There are over 1000 police departments in Texas, 254 Sheriff's departments, around 1000 Constable's offices and a laundry list of other school, hospital and various state LE agencies. They all have different hiring policies and practices.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    There are over 1000 police departments in Texas, 254 Sheriff's departments, around 1000 Constable's offices and a laundry list of other school, hospital and various state LE agencies. They all have different hiring policies and practices.

wow. well that makes sense to your comment. i am used to seeing either sheriffs or police have two different but very similar hiring processes, no matter what department and both requiring access to emails, social media and all their passwords.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    When I was applying with a PD before my current agency, they found one of my social media accounts and grilled me on every little thing I posted. Nothing was offensive in nature or immoral, they wanted my reaction and wanted to know why i have so much out there. I have never had an agency request my password or login. In this career, they may use it to prejudice character, but most I've directly dealt with were more.interested in active decision making, judgement, and knowledge. That doesn't mean that they didn't use social media sites to filter out people ahead of time though.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    oh ok, thanks. so pretty much most things are universal as far as social media check ups. i dont have social media stuff, i wonder if i should create some to have a history rather than none.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom