• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    How do you know these Sikh kids weren't born in the US? That area of Michigan has had a good-sized Sikh population for several decades now.
    Guns International

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    How do you know these Sikh kids weren't born in the US? That area of Michigan has had a good-sized Sikh population for several decades now.
    WOW a whole few decades?? the "Indian/Muslim" crowd only moved in and took over AFTER land was cheap and Detroit/Michigan collapsed/failed. do you really think they had enough people/majority to effect any politics of any kind during the 50's or 60's when Detroit was at its peak dominance in our country?? and besides thats not the problem anyways, it would be great if they were born here. but why should they get rites other generations that have been here like my family, oh since the early 1800's?? this is why so many Americans are pissed off , the defending of whats truely ruining this country.......

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    but why should they get rites other generations that have been here like my family, oh since the early 1800's?? this is why so many Americans are pissed off , the defending of whats truely ruining this country.......

heh.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    Sikh males are required to carry that little dagger because of their religion.

Okay, then where are the hordes of ACLU'ers screaming a violation of the so called "separation of church and state" ???

Oh, my mistake- that hand seems to be only played against those who hold Judeo- Christian beliefs......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    WOW a whole few decades?? the "Indian/Muslim" crowd only moved in and took over AFTER land was cheap and Detroit/Michigan collapsed/failed. do you really think they had enough people/majority to effect any politics of any kind during the 50's or 60's when Detroit was at its peak dominance in our country?? and besides thats not the problem anyways, it would be great if they were born here. but why should they get rites other generations that have been here like my family, oh since the early 1800's?? this is why so many Americans are pissed off , the defending of whats truely ruining this country.......

I'm actually from Michigan originally. That area of the state has been known for its high population of Indian and middle-eastern families since I was a child.

And again, you're angry at the wrong people. You're getting pissed at the Sikhs for this when you should be pissed at the zero tolerance bullshit that keeps everybody else from carrying a knife to school.

I really don't get the point about how long a family has been here. You're either here or you're not. You're either a citizen or you're not. There is no "seniority" about this.

Okay, then where are the hordes of ACLU'ers screaming a violation of the so called "separation of church and state" ???

Oh, my mistake- that hand seems to be only played against those who hold Judeo- Christian beliefs......

Actually, this is a 1st Amendment issue. Their religion requires they do something, the 1A forbids the government dictate your religious beliefs, therefore the government cannot tell the Sikhs not to carry their dull ceremonial daggers to school.

This is the 1st Amendment's Free Exercise Clause at work through the 14th Amendment's Due Process Clause.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Plus, nowhere does the phrase "separation of church and state" appear anywhere in our Constitution. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the First Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state, and James Madison said it "drew a line;" but nowhere does that claimed distinction exist.

By the way, nowhere in the Constitution does it claim that this is a free country either!

Cheers! M2

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    And again, you're angry at the wrong people. You're getting pissed at the Sikhs for this
    Again where did i state i was angry at the Sikh people? Im angry at a SOCIETY/politicians that cater continously to FORIEGN cultures that have recently popped up in the last 50 yrs or so. and said P.C. crowd DENOUNCE/Try to rid this country of MY culture!!! and ill just give 2 examples--- Illegal aliens are O.K. to burn American Flags in a protest in AMERICA. but if a guy like me burned a Mexican flag in the U.S. i'd probably be locked up AND the Media would blast it as a race/hate crime!! and secondly Christmas... it was a good thing and has been around since this countrys beginning. why all the sudden is it such a bad thing and now it "Offends" some?? WTF?? and whom exactly does Christmas offend?? ATHIEST FREAKS and Foreigners!! and I as well as MOST here are sick and tired of the DOUBLE-STANDARDS when it comes to situations like these and the P.C. crowd just thrives on it.....the problem is most dont have the Huevos to speak their mind on this subject.....

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Like I pointed out, this is actually the Constitution at work.
    The only problem is with the school districts' zero tolerance policies. And that's not a Constitutional issue.
    If anything, this is a crack in those policies.
    So which is it then??????? a Constitutional issue or not that lets them carry Daggers to school?? or was it just ANOTHER LIBTERD error?? cause we ALL know the LEFT runs MOST ALL school boards/rule making commitees!! either way you've got a little contradiction going and in the end, MY SON cannot legally carry a knife to school and the "Dagger Carry-ers" can and thats DISCRIMINATION any way you slice it........

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So which is it then??????? a Constitutional issue or not that lets them carry Daggers to school?? or was it just ANOTHER LIBTERD error?? cause we ALL know the LEFT runs MOST ALL school boards/rule making commitees!! either way you've got a little contradiction going and in the end, MY SON cannot legally carry a knife to school and the "Dagger Carry-ers" can and thats DISCRIMINATION any way you slice it........

The policies aren't a Constitutional issue until they violate someone's rights. The Sikhs have a 1st Amendment right to carry their dull daggers.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Gotta agree with you Sage. Just because everyone else's rights are being trampled on we shouldn't denounce those who are making progress. Yes, it was wrong to deny the kid with the Rosary. Yes, there have been other injustices. We should fight against those and applaud the common sense decisions.

It does help everyone there though. The next time some kid gets in trouble for bringing a GI Joe to school they're going to have to think twice before suspending him.

BTW, if you don't go to public schools you don't have to deal with all this BS.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    A personal story...when I went to High School graduation I had a large (~3") cross around neck I had received for Confirmation (Catholic). One of the teachers was telling us when to start walking down the aisle. This particular teacher known for being a jackass. Right before I went in he told me to take my cross off when I walked (very rudely). I just told him No and started walking. He stood there stunned as I walked on down the aisle to my seat in the front row. No one noticed it but a few people around us, but I was prepared to grab the mic and explain what was going on to the crowd if he had followed. "The crowd" doesn't take kindly to that BS where I'm from and there would have been repercussions for him. I was livid, but avoided a scene.

Point is: Sometimes you need to follow the rules. Sometimes you need to ignore the powers that be. Sometimes you need to smack them in the face (metaphorically).............of course other times you need to shoot them with muskets and such until they go back to Britain. I think I'm just rambling now....

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As a 22 year retired teacher, I can sum up the actions of the school Administrators. An Administrator will always act based on what brings him/her the least amount of crap personally. Apparently, the school Administration felt that to deny a Sikh kid the opportunity to carry a ceremonial dagger would bring more crap than the second choice. Right/wrong or what's best for the kid has nothing to do with it. Administrators will shift their position based upon the way the wind is blowing. That day, the wind blew in the direction of the dagger.

Flash

Top Bottom