• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Did about two weeks of research and seems like these FTW MAD & HAD suppressor covers have some great reviews. I went ahead and placed an order for a HAD cover.

Anyone had good or bad results with suppressor covers?

file_5.jpg
    Guns International

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    I have been shopping for the same, but got a bit of sticker shock. Haven't had the nerve to fork over that kind of dough yet. Is there really that much "technology" and high-grade material in those things to warrant that kind of price?

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Yeah... I'm not a fan of the price. I was looking at a Griffon and they are $130. And looks like their cord isn't as tough as the FTW. Seen some that have melted to the cover.

no1ryno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    TAB gear covers are the way to go..... honest prices from a good guy. Never seen one fail that wasn't the users fault.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    TAB gear covers are the way to go..... honest prices from a good guy. Never seen one fail that wasn't the users fault.

I briefly remember them and this is what pushed me away.
    TAB SAS said:
    Warning - .223/5.56 Cal Users Out current products are not recommended for long strings or rapid fire use with .223/5.56 caliber rifle! We are in the process of developing new products that will meet the needsof these types of shooters.

The FTW will take up to 3000 degrees with the outer sleeve up to 2000 degrees. The TAB is limited to 1800 degrees. Not saying the TAB is "bad" but it didn't fall into my needs. I do a good amount of "tactical" with rapid firing. So I need the higher resistance.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have seen various covers & thought about covering a couple of my suppressors. My thoughts basically came to the conclusion that I don't need one unless the suppressor manufacturer had their own line of covers. The only one I know of is Bowers Griptasic. They aint tacticool like the others, so I figure I'd just mind touching & setting a hot suppressor were it might burn or melt something.

Last edited:

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    The primary use for suppressor covers is to lessen the heat mirage from the suppressor when shooting long range. They are not made for high cap mag dumps with CQB weapons. Most of my friends in long range shooting competitions use them.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    The primary use for suppressor covers is to lessen the heat mirage from the suppressor when shooting long range. They are not made for high cap mag dumps with CQB weapons. Most of my friends in long range shooting competitions use them.

I agree with this 100%. However, If I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting and than want to remove the suppressor I'm going to put the cover on it before touching it.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I have a MAD, I ordered it at 9" for my Specwar 762, it doesn't quite fit over the locking mechanism and thus is a little long. The inner sleeve has "ripped" open as a result of shooting I assume.

It does its job very well, but I wonder how long this thing will hold together now.

I am thinking for my Specwar 556 that I will get a manta, or I will order the HAD but short instead of long.

no1ryno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    Ok, I'll elaborate some. We can go back and forth on tech specs etc.. but I've been around the use of tab gear extensively for probubly 5 years now with alot of there products, I even lived at the shooting school that was at one time there only distributor, I'm not sure what you refer to as "tactical" shooting or whatever but you basically have to be shooting to the point to where you are dumping mags to trash a cover. And they were the direct inspiration for the FTW covers actually, along with some others that have basically just reverse engineered the TAB gear. Also they are a true family bussiness that unless something has changed over the last two years since I've been out of touch with the owner they are made with American sourced materials etc...

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Ok, I'll elaborate some. We can go back and forth on tech specs etc.. but I've been around the use of tab gear extensively for probubly 5 years now with alot of there products, I even lived at the shooting school that was at one time there only distributor, I'm not sure what you refer to as "tactical" shooting or whatever but you basically have to be shooting to the point to where you are dumping mags to trash a cover. And they were the direct inspiration for the FTW covers actually, along with some others that have basically just reverse engineered the TAB gear. Also they are a true family bussiness that unless something has changed over the last two years since I've been out of touch with the owner they are made with American sourced materials etc...

I'm not going to get into a d!ck measuring debate with you. I'm glad you're happy with your product selection and business selection. And thank you for sharing your results. When I receive my HAD Cover and give it use, I will share my opinion as well.

Top Bottom