• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Thoughts on this shotty? I've had issues with my 870, lately (Extractor issues - I know, I'm about the only one on the planet who's 870 isn't reliable), and looking to replace it. I was about to buy a Mossberg, but was tempted by the feel of the SuperNova. Does anyone have this gun? Is it reliable?

Any other guns I should consider? Maybe even a better 870... mine's an Express that I bought for $120 at K-Mar, ~20 years and 1,000 rounds ago.

I already have my hunting shotguns (XTremaII and a cheap O/U), so this would be for self-defense. It may, however, be put into service as a slug gun for some hunting situations.

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I have one and have had ZERO problems! It even fell off my ATV into a very large mud hole and all I did was dip it into the creek and shake it off and it worked with no problems. The foregrip makes noise because of the clearance but it does not affect the function of the slide action.
    But get ready to be bashed by all of the 870 owners!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I have the Nova and it shoots great. Benelli, Remington, Mossberg......they all make good shotguns. It's pretty hard to get a bad shotgun these days, I say to go with what feels good in your hands.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I've had issues with my 870, lately (Extractor issues - I know, I'm about the only one on the planet who's 870 isn't reliable),
    We'll pleased to meet you.
    I know you must feel lonely at when you are the only one at those reunions.

Seriously, I just picked up a deal on a 870 Marine Magnum. Awesome piece.
    btw ... My 870 Wingmaster I picked up in HS in '73 has never failed me either.

However I wouldn't mind a FN SLP or Benelli MK4 either and your choice of a Super Nova works for me too!

Guess I am just easy to please.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If I was buying a new gun, I'd go Benelli Super Nova.

Since you are in Austin, Red's does have two used 870 Express Magnum bird guns at the South store.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    In my opinion, the Nova tactical w/ pistol grip and ghost ring sights is the best tactical pump you can buy off the shelf. There are some nice customs out there, but they are expensive.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Just bought a Supernova tactical, with pistol grip and ghost rings. And I did this, after a 500-round day at the range. This has been a damned costly day, an dI bought my last gun for a year, but I feel this was a good purchase. Sorry, 870 guys... LOL

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Red's North, and I paid asking price... Around $500 out the door, with the mag extension... I think?

I had a few hours of range fees, lots of ammo, and a sling for another gun... So, it got mixed-up??? LOL

sean gaines

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    katy, Texas
    I am personally a fan of the Benelli semi autos, but i have nothing against a good pump. reliable and the signature pumping sound is pretty universal to the bad guys ears.

Top Bottom