• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    LOL, sorry about the headache Ben! Figured the mags had to be built tough - my .22 rifle's mag is literally nothing but pinned and welded steel, that thing is -tough-.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The GSG 1911 is darned near a clone of the SIG 1911-22. I bought SIG mags and can't tell the difference other than the markings. Darned things are metal and STOUT; however, I understand the base plates are the weak point IF you mag drop onto the ground/pavement.

The pistols are less easy to find since they were German made and the US SIG folks are having a squabble over receiving any more German pistols. For all practical purposes, GSG is owned by SIG, I believe.

The SIG 1911-22 is just a rebadged GSG. Same gun, but a higher price because of the SIG markings...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/joe-grine/gun-review-german-sport-guns-gsg-1911-22/

Last edited:

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I stand corrected, sweet. Money problems are gone, so I'm gonna talk with SWMBO about ordering us a pair of those target-model 1911s. How is CDNN on shipping? Next match is in two weeks, be nice if we could get the guns broken in before then.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    How is CDNN on shipping? Next match is in two weeks, be nice if we could get the guns broken in before then.
    I've only ordered a couple of times from them; but the sooner, the quicker as someone once said. Plus, they may have a limited stock of these pistols...this is a pretty good deal ;)

I got my orders right zippy; but it was for mags and accessories.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Well, missed out on the GSG deal (as of this morning they're back up to $270). Talked to mom about it, she's on board with it (more or less - her initial response was "maybe I'll buy it and let you borrow it") if I find a similar deal. Got the funds set aside, so the hunt goes on...

Also, WTF is up with Buds' pricing? Noticed a bit of fluctuation with the models I linked to in the OP - when I started this thread, the SAA-10 was at $210 cash, now it's down to $195 or so. Ain't complaining, but it's just weird...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory, that is where I picked mine up for $199 delivered. It took a while to find one that low, but it happens. I used SlickGuns.com to track it.

Good luck! M2

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Well, missed out on the GSG deal (as of this morning they're back up to $270). Talked to mom about it, she's on board with it (more or less - her initial response was "maybe I'll buy it and let you borrow it") if I find a similar deal. Got the funds set aside, so the hunt goes on...

Also, WTF is up with Buds' pricing? Noticed a bit of fluctuation with the models I linked to in the OP - when I started this thread, the SAA-10 was at $210 cash, now it's down to $195 or so. Ain't complaining, but it's just weird...
    Where are you located?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Oh, Dang! Never mind then. 1911-22 GSG is a great gun, but they are going for almost $260 dealer cost now. They are becoming well renowned.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That's one thing I love about the GSG is that it is a full-sized 1911, just in .22LR. It functions just like a .45 version, just with quite a bit less recoil...

Top Bottom