• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I really dpubt Glock will make a 33+ round mag for .30SC. They haven't even made an equivalent in .40SW.

Eh, why would they? They made the 33 round mags for the Glock 18. The fact the mags fit all the other 9mm double stacks is just a happy bonus. Glock never made full auto versions of the larger calibers, so they had no real need to make extended mags for the .40's or .45's.

Beretta and HK are the only gun makers I can think of off the top of my head to make a tacticool PCC chambered in .40 or .45ACP too for a long time. The Marlin Camp carbines might've been offered in .40, but I'm not sure. They were designed around the Smith & Wesson magazines, and so 15 rounds was as big as they got too.

.40SW isn't dead, but no one is rushing to make new .40SW designs, and .45 versions of successful 9mm's sometimes take years to come to market. Glock has had the 43 and 43X out for years, there's no .40 cal version in the works. A Glock 43X or 48 like .45ACP would probably have a good following, but they'd probably kill the Glock 36 off if they did.

.30SC is a round that - if a maker like Glock gets on board - people will probably beg for extended mags, because they'd fit most of a box of ammo in them.
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Eh, why would they? They made the 33 round mags for the Glock 18. The fact the mags fit all the other 9mm double stacks is just a happy bonus. Glock never made full auto versions of the larger calibers, so they had no real need to make extended mags for the .40's or .45's.

Beretta and HK are the only gun makers I can think of off the top of my head to make a tacticool PCC chambered in .40 or .45ACP too for a long time. The Marlin Camp carbines might've been offered in .40, but I'm not sure. They were designed around the Smith & Wesson magazines, and so 15 rounds was as big as they got too.

.40SW isn't dead, but no one is rushing to make new .40SW designs, and .45 versions of successful 9mm's sometimes take years to come to market. Glock has had the 43 and 43X out for years, there's no .40 cal version in the works. A Glock 43X or 48 like .45ACP would probably have a good following, but they'd probably kill the Glock 36 off if they did.

.30SC is a round that - if a maker like Glock gets on board - people will probably beg for extended mags, because they'd fit most of a box of ammo in them.
    The Marlin camp carbines were discontinued in 1999. Never offered in 40.

ETA: link added.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Because .40SW was a very popular round until recently. Nearly 100% of the 9MM 33 rounders are sold for semi-auto pistols, so FA or not it would have made good business sense.

Not like Glock listens to the market until there's a steady 15 year long demand, though. Gaston's stubborness is making Glock less competitive every day.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Because .40SW was a very popular round until recently. Nearly 100% of the 9MM 33 rounders are sold for semi-auto pistols, so FA or not it would have made good business sense.

Not like Glock listens to the market until there's a steady 15 year long demand, though. Gaston's stubborness is making Glock less competitive every day.
    But he still sells a boatload of pistols every year!

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

No one buys Glock because they are on the bleeding edge.

They buy glock because a glock is a glock is a glock.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    No one buys Glock because they are on the bleeding edge.

They buy glock because a glock is a glock is a glock.

True, but look how much market share they've lost due to stagnation. S&W is eating Glock's lunch because Glock won't make some sort of long arm to throw in as a package deal to LE agencies the way S&W does with its pistols and (crappy) ARs.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

They continue to make the 33 rounders because of popularity, yes. They've also made more 9mm pistols than they have 40's, 357Sigs, or .45's too. Even when .40SW was all the hotness with LE agencies. Still goes back to that 33 round mag not being designed with semi-auto pistols in mind, it was to feed the G18. If some government monkies somewhere went to Glock and said "Hey, we really want to send .40 caliber bullets all over the damn place wildly at an even faster rate, how bout you throw a giggle switch on the G22"- they probably would've engineered a 24 or 25 round mag for the .40 - but no one ever did, and police agencies wouldn't have been buying super-stendos for their .40's - and Glock is reticent to make stuff just for the civilian market. Took them 30 years to give people a slim 9mm subcompact after all.

As for Smith & Wesson eating Glock's lunch - meh, S&W doesn't have the market share or marketing that Sig has with government agencies. I know of a few agencies that went to the M&P's (great duty guns in their own right) but way, way more have jumped to the P320 train, and now Sig can dangle either their AR's or the new Spear rifles to go with the P320 pistols.

Glock stopped "innovating" somewhere around 1990 when they released a .40SW chambered pistol before Smith & Wesson even got theirs to market - embarassing Smith & Wesson. And because of their reputation and huge fanboi base - they haven't needed to innovate. They sell every pistol they make. And it could well be that like Ruger, it'll be long after Gaston is dead and the kids have full control over the company that Glock starts doing weird shit and being more reactive to customer wants. How long did it take Ruger to make an AR style rifle, a 1911 pistol, or a plastic striker fired gun after literally everyone else (except Glock) did?

If guns haven't been banned by then, maybe in 2030 @Moonpie will finally scratch his deep seated itch for a true Glock 1911 (and 2011), and they'll release a polymer encased striker fired semi auto 5.56 carbine, and because of the retro whats old is new again trend - we'll see DA/SA guns come back into fashion, so maybe Glock will release its first ever steel framed pistol. :laughing:

Circling back like Jen Psaki, .40SW was never as popular among civilian shooters as it was with LE, and because Glock doesn't give a damn about the civilian markets wants, needs, and passions, they'll never produce .40 caliber fun sticks, or .45 fun sticks either. They let someone else do that stuff - although they're not nearly as Glock relialbe - KCI, ETS, and a handful of others make or made longboi magazines for the bigger calibers.

Since Glock hasn't announced their support of the .30SC round, and there've been no leaks about a Glock .30SC its probably safe to assume they won't be making a pistol in that round anytime soon. Smith & Wesson hasn't even released an M&P in that chambering, aside from the Shield series, and they were a driving force behind the new round.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    An answer to a question that no one has asked. Ever.
    I don’t know that I’d agree with this. Look at the folks who migrated to the Sig 365 when it was introduced because it held a couple more rounds than its competitors…

Right now, one main driver for most companies selling sub and micro compacts is round capacity. I think we’ve pretty much maxed out 9MM capacity using thin metals and springs…so now, they need to decrease cartridge diameter.

I’m not jumping on the 30SC fad at this time, but if the performance is equal to a 9MM, I’d say it could overtake the .380’s.

I get the pushback…I don’t want another cartridge to buy/load/stock up on myself. But as long as it is a viable SD round, the 30SC has a valid reason for being offered.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    TFBTV made a new video today comparing the 30SC M&P vs the 9mm version. It's a 22 minute jerk off session about how wonderful 30SC is and why everyone should be using it.

So I fired back.

View attachment 322711
    Brother, I love reading your posts, but this one doesn’t make sense.

I think your post is inaccurate. There is no doubt some posters on this forum have bought or are considering buying a firearm in the cartridge. That is reality, but many won’t admit due to the crap they think they will likely get. Kinda like when I post anything positive about a Glock…but when it comes to getting crap on this forum, IDGAF….

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The 30sc will fail because ammo for it is too expensive.
    Just like the 357 sig, 41 mag, 327fed mag, 32h&r, and others they never made affordable ammo for general shooting. Sure the premium stuff is available but its too expensive for the typical cheap shit glockphag to stomach.
    The cartridge will end up with a small dedicated fan base that will keep the round alive but it will never be common or cheap like 9mm is.
    Most shooters do not reload. The ammo needs to be cheap to establish a foothold in a very crowded market. If they don’t do this the round will not succeed.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Just like the 357 sig, 41 mag, 327fed mag, 32h&r, and others they never made affordable ammo for general shooting. Sure the premium stuff is available but its too expensive for the typical cheap shit glockphag to stomach.
    The cartridge will end up with a small dedicated fan base that will keep the round alive but it will never be common or cheap like 9mm is.
    Most shooters do not reload. The ammo needs to be cheap to establish a foothold in a very crowded market. If they don’t do this the round will not succeed.

I don’t think todays evolving concealed carry market shoots enough to worry about $5-10 more for a box of 50 rounds. I suspect this cartridge was aimed at new gun owners who don’t necessarily consider ammo costs as if they will shoot many thousand rounds every year. I’d wager the typical 30SC buyer will shoot less than 200 rounds per year.

The cartridge was developed by Federal, of the Vista Group, not S&W. My They probably won’t let it fail and could potentially make sure Remington, CCI, and Speer spin up production to help make the cartridge economically viable.

Also, I seriously doubt the cartridge will be much, if any more expensive than .380 in the near future…

Reactions: gll

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    All true.

I’ll probably end up with a stockpile of it to go along with my other 32’s.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Brother, I love reading your posts, but this one doesn’t make sense.

I think your post is inaccurate. There is no doubt some posters on this forum have bought or are considering buying a firearm in the cartridge. That is reality, but many won’t admit due to the crap they think they will likely get. Kinda like when I post anything positive about a Glock…but when it comes to getting crap on this forum, IDGAF….

I non-judgmentally ask any person that owns a 30SC Nighthawk or SW to bring it to ANY TGT gun talk event OR Private message me completely anonymous and I will drive to you to shoot it. I'll even pay for the ammo.

It's a jerk off session and they wasted time, manufacturing, and resources that could have been used producing other cartridges that are already common during an ammo shortage.

IF they do I will formally and publicly apologize to TFBTV. Until then they're shills.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I non-judgmentally ask any person that owns a 30SC Nighthawk or SW to bring it to ANY TGT gun talk event OR Private message me completely anonymous and I will drive to you to shoot it. I'll even pay for the ammo.

It's a jerk off session and they wasted time, manufacturing, and resources that could have been used producing other cartridges that are already common during an ammo shortage.

IF they do I will formally and publicly apologize to TFBTV. Until then they're shills.

You could claim resources were wasted on any innovation that was done during this last gun/ammo fiasco, but companies can’t look at “right now” and disregard what they believe is “up coming”.

Federal has every right to develop new products. It’s no different than their .327 or Ruger’s .480

This cartridge has a LOT of potential. I personally don’t own nor shot a 30SC, but having bought my first .380 a couple years ago, I wish I’d have had the option of this cartridge instead.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    They continue to make the 33 rounders because of popularity, yes. They've also made more 9mm pistols than they have 40's, 357Sigs, or .45's too. Even when .40SW was all the hotness with LE agencies. Still goes back to that 33 round mag not being designed with semi-auto pistols in mind, it was to feed the G18. If some government monkies somewhere went to Glock and said "Hey, we really want to send .40 caliber bullets all over the damn place wildly at an even faster rate, how bout you throw a giggle switch on the G22"- they probably would've engineered a 24 or 25 round mag for the .40 - but no one ever did, and police agencies wouldn't have been buying super-stendos for their .40's - and Glock is reticent to make stuff just for the civilian market. Took them 30 years to give people a slim 9mm subcompact after all.

As for Smith & Wesson eating Glock's lunch - meh, S&W doesn't have the market share or marketing that Sig has with government agencies. I know of a few agencies that went to the M&P's (great duty guns in their own right) but way, way more have jumped to the P320 train, and now Sig can dangle either their AR's or the new Spear rifles to go with the P320 pistols.

Glock stopped "innovating" somewhere around 1990 when they released a .40SW chambered pistol before Smith & Wesson even got theirs to market - embarassing Smith & Wesson. And because of their reputation and huge fanboi base - they haven't needed to innovate. They sell every pistol they make. And it could well be that like Ruger, it'll be long after Gaston is dead and the kids have full control over the company that Glock starts doing weird shit and being more reactive to customer wants. How long did it take Ruger to make an AR style rifle, a 1911 pistol, or a plastic striker fired gun after literally everyone else (except Glock) did?

If guns haven't been banned by then, maybe in 2030 @Moonpie will finally scratch his deep seated itch for a true Glock 1911 (and 2011), and they'll release a polymer encased striker fired semi auto 5.56 carbine, and because of the retro whats old is new again trend - we'll see DA/SA guns come back into fashion, so maybe Glock will release its first ever steel framed pistol. :laughing:

Circling back like Jen Psaki, .40SW was never as popular among civilian shooters as it was with LE, and because Glock doesn't give a damn about the civilian markets wants, needs, and passions, they'll never produce .40 caliber fun sticks, or .45 fun sticks either. They let someone else do that stuff - although they're not nearly as Glock relialbe - KCI, ETS, and a handful of others make or made longboi magazines for the bigger calibers.

Since Glock hasn't announced their support of the .30SC round, and there've been no leaks about a Glock .30SC its probably safe to assume they won't be making a pistol in that round anytime soon. Smith & Wesson hasn't even released an M&P in that chambering, aside from the Shield series, and they were a driving force behind the new round.
    In summary.....

Stop trying to make 30SC Glock a thing

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Glock does make a 22rd stick, though, which is even more niche than if they just made a 30 rounder...

Your argument that 30rd .40 sticks were never made because .40 was never as popular as 9mm and Glock's 33rd sticks wete for the 18 doesn't make sense. Surely .40S&W Glocks were far more popular than the 18 ever was.

Top Bottom