Stolen stove from a house I’m flipping

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
My latest flip just went on the market last Friday. Have had two showings, two more tonight and open house Saturday.

I go by today to tidy things up, and my F#%*}!|<*#ing stove is gone.

House was locked up tight. I can’t prove anything, but I think someone from a showing left a door unlocked so they could come back later to grab it.

The kicker:
It’s a special downdraft unit, $3700 (!).
I got a smoking deal on it at the sears outlet, paid $1300 for it...but I can’t replace it for that because it was a one-off deal.

It was missing about $500 in parts, which I’ll now return. So whoever stole it will soon realize it’s worthless to them.

I built the damned island around a downdraft unit. Now I get to install an overhead range hood so I’ll pass inspection, and I’ll credit the buyer for a normal stove. And close-up the underfloor vent

Ok I’m done venting...here’s the house if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Was an absolute disaster when I bought it.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3789-Cripple-Creek-Dr-Dallas-TX-75224/26779121_zpid/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Your agent should have a list of everyone that showed it - and THEY should have a list of everyone they showed it TO.

He does, and he’s reaching out to them.

It’ll be tough to prove anything, unfortunately.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
I would also recommend Installing a Ring Camera. We have the door bell & its worth the price.

Moving forward I’m gonna install something like SimpliSafe at my flips.
They require internet access (like Ring) but hopefully it’ll be a deterrent.

At the very least I’ll have video of my stuff getting stolen...not that the cops are gonna be able to do much about it.

I know folks who’ve caught thieves red-handed on video, clear shot of their face and everything, and the cops basically shrugged their shoulders.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Aww man, i hate hearing stuff like this.
Hope your flip is still profitable. Should be @ $279k

It went a bit sideways, and should have been on the market before the new year... but I’ll make some coin on it.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics