• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My latest flip just went on the market last Friday. Have had two showings, two more tonight and open house Saturday.

I go by today to tidy things up, and my F#%*}!|<*#ing stove is gone.

House was locked up tight. I can’t prove anything, but I think someone from a showing left a door unlocked so they could come back later to grab it.

The kicker:
    It’s a special downdraft unit, $3700 (!).
    I got a smoking deal on it at the sears outlet, paid $1300 for it...but I can’t replace it for that because it was a one-off deal.

It was missing about $500 in parts, which I’ll now return. So whoever stole it will soon realize it’s worthless to them.

I built the damned island around a downdraft unit. Now I get to install an overhead range hood so I’ll pass inspection, and I’ll credit the buyer for a normal stove. And close-up the underfloor vent

Ok I’m done venting...here’s the house if anyone is interested in seeing it.
    Was an absolute disaster when I bought it.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3789-Cripple-Creek-Dr-Dallas-TX-75224/26779121_zpid/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guns International

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I would also recommend Installing a Ring Camera. We have the door bell & its worth the price.

Moving forward I’m gonna install something like SimpliSafe at my flips.
    They require internet access (like Ring) but hopefully it’ll be a deterrent.

At the very least I’ll have video of my stuff getting stolen...not that the cops are gonna be able to do much about it.

I know folks who’ve caught thieves red-handed on video, clear shot of their face and everything, and the cops basically shrugged their shoulders.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Aww man, i hate hearing stuff like this.
    Hope your flip is still profitable. Should be @ $279k

It went a bit sideways, and should have been on the market before the new year... but I’ll make some coin on it.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    There’s also LowJack for appliances. The police can track your stolen appliance to wherever the perp took it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I had no idea houses like that, in that part of town were worth so much money. Real estate is outrageous these days (or I'm getting old).

Those doorbell cameras are pretty popular. Have you checked with the neighbors to see if they have any? If you can identify the truck that took it, and match it to a prospective buyer, when the police politely ignore you, you can try and go viral with it on social media and send the info to all the news stations and papers. If you can make the news, the police will suddenly get more involved.

Qualifier to those who think I'm cop bashing: I used to have a little warehouse not far from there. It got broke into for the final time before we gave up and moved out. We had everything on security video. We had a clear shot of one of the individuals removing a bag from the trunk of the car so they could load our tools in the trunk. We had video evidence of said bag laying untouched the rest of the night because the idiot forgot to put it back in the car before they left. The bag contained clothing, mail addressed to the owner of the bag. A realistic looking toy pistol where the orange tip had been painted black. So we had clear video of the car, good views of 2 of the idiots faces and one of their names and address. Our insurance sent a cancellation notice because we had been broken into too many times. We called the police every week for 2 1/2 months and were told every time that a detective would come by to collect the evidence and video. No one ever came.

Or the time we had the old F450 that we used to park in front of the gate at night stolen. We only poured 1 gallon of gas in the tank at a time since all it did was back up in the morning and pull forward to block the gate at night. They climbed the fence, hotwired the truck, rammed the warehouse door, loaded stuff on the truck and rammed the gate on the way out. They made it 1/4 mile before it ran out of gas so they left it on the side of the road. Despite the fact that it had been reported stolen, the local PD had it towed to the impound yard and we got a letter from the pound 3 months later stating it would be auctioned if we didn't pay storage fees.

Some areas are just too overworked to care about little stuff without some extra motivation.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There’s also LowJack for appliances. The police can track your stolen appliance to wherever the perp took it.

54625074f5082818e7c1fa327df0be90.jpg

Attachments

• 54625074f5082818e7c1fa327df0be90.jpg
      54625074f5082818e7c1fa327df0be90.jpg
      20.2 KB · Views: 571

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My latest flip just went on the market last Friday. Have had two showings, two more tonight and open house Saturday.

I go by today to tidy things up, and my F#%*}!|<*#ing stove is gone.

House was locked up tight. I can’t prove anything, but I think someone from a showing left a door unlocked so they could come back later to grab it.

The kicker:
    It’s a special downdraft unit, $3700 (!).
    I got a smoking deal on it at the sears outlet, paid $1300 for it...but I can’t replace it for that because it was a one-off deal.

It was missing about $500 in parts, which I’ll now return. So whoever stole it will soon realize it’s worthless to them.

I built the damned island around a downdraft unit. Now I get to install an overhead range hood so I’ll pass inspection, and I’ll credit the buyer for a normal stove. And close-up the underfloor vent

Ok I’m done venting...here’s the house if anyone is interested in seeing it.
    Was an absolute disaster when I bought it.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3789-Cripple-Creek-Dr-Dallas-TX-75224/26779121_zpid/

Return the parts obviously but get good pictures and list them on all local markets. I am guessing they may be specific to that oven and you might get lucky.

Just be sure to not let on about why you have them. Maybe state they were special order but the wrong parts and you can't return them or some crap like that.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Man that sucks....I flip too and have never had something stolen, but have had an attempted break-in when under contract a couple years ago when the buyer and his agent were going to do a walk-through a couple days before closing and couldn't get the key to unlock the front door. I drove out with my spare and it didn't work either. Someone had tried to pick the lock and screwed it up to where it didn't work at all and that was the only entrance.....sliding door out back and no garage opener. Luckily just got my locksmith out the next morning to fix it and all good. Just cost a hundo or so. Figured they were wanting the appliances since there was nothing else to take. I work mainly in Tarrant, but I've heard this is rampant in Dallas County, mainly in the south.

That said, I always try and check my properties regularly, especially once listed. And I have noticed that probably 50% of the time that there is a door left unlocked, either back or side entry, after there have been a couple of showings. Most times I'm sure it's an oversight since these agents suck at making sure the house is left as they found it. But sometimes wonder if it's something else. Have even found windows unlocked in spare bedrooms, etc., which is more of an oddity.

But awesome looking rehab! Looks very similar to the ones I've been doing as far as finish-out.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Man that sucks....I flip too and have never had something stolen, but have had an attempted break-in when under contract a couple years ago when the buyer and his agent were going to do a walk-through a couple days before closing and couldn't get the key to unlock the front door. I drove out with my spare and it didn't work either. Someone had tried to pick the lock and screwed it up to where it didn't work at all and that was the only entrance.....sliding door out back and no garage opener. Luckily just got my locksmith out the next morning to fix it and all good. Just cost a hundo or so. Figured they were wanting the appliances since there was nothing else to take. I work mainly in Tarrant, but I've heard this is rampant in Dallas County, mainly in the south.

That said, I always try and check my properties regularly, especially once listed. And I have noticed that probably 50% of the time that there is a door left unlocked, either back or side entry, after there have been a couple of showings. Most times I'm sure it's an oversight since these agents suck at making sure the house is left as they found it. But sometimes wonder if it's something else. Have even found windows unlocked in spare bedrooms, etc., which is more of an oddity.

But awesome looking rehab! Looks very similar to the ones I've been doing as far as finish-out.

Typically I go by the house regularly. It’s not far from my home. But wife and I got hit with the flu, we’re only now feeling human again. So it went for several days since the last showing without me going by...and of course that’s when it got hit.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'm a Realtor - and I had a Realtor steal the lockbox off of my listing! Another Realtor showed the house later, and called me to let em know the lockbox was missing and the key was left in the front door. People can be disguising!

Eli

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm a Realtor - and I had a Realtor steal the lockbox off of my listing! Another Realtor showed the house later, and called me to let em know the lockbox was missing and the key was left in the front door. People can be disguising!

Eli

And disgusting....

Reactions: Eli
    Top Bottom