• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    The 2006 Ford 6.0L had an EGR. I bought the truck and the PO had disconnected the EGR and threw it away but it really wasn't deleted. Kept getting an trouble light (the one with the crossed wrenches as memory serves). Got 10-12 MPG when I bought the truck. Did a proper EGR delete with kit and get 10-12 MPG and towing get about 10 MPG (5th wheel). Don't have DEF on a 2006 (thankfully). Judging by what others on the powerstroke.org forum get for mileage, I would say mine is typical regardless of the delete. I do have a towing tune and it is supposed to add 50 hp but mainly only effects shift points and don't really notice much, if any power increase.
    Capitol Armory ad

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    The 2006 Ford 6.0L had an EGR. I bought the truck and the PO had disconnected the EGR and threw it away but it really wasn't deleted. Kept getting an trouble light (the one with the crossed wrenches as memory serves). Got 10-12 MPG when I bought the truck. Did a proper EGR delete with kit and get 10-12 MPG and towing get about 10 MPG (5th wheel). Don't have DEF on a 2006 (thankfully). Judging by what others on the powerstroke.org forum get for mileage, I would say mine is typical regardless of the delete. I do have a towing tune and it is supposed to add 50 hp but mainly only effects shift points and don't really notice much, if any power increase.
    My 08 Dodge does't have DEF either, but it does have DPF. I really have no problem with DPF as long as it works correctly, but sometimes it does not and I have to do a manual regen.
    I prefer my older 06 Dodge. No EGR on that one, just a Catalytic converter. I have a tuner in it and it did give me better fuel economy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

Was it the ‘’alignment’’ itself or the absurdly low aims demanded by individual State overseers ?

<>
    individual inspectors were aiming heDLIGHTS TO JACK UP THE PRICEFOR THE INSPECTION THE INSPECTOR MAKES LESS THAN TWO DOLLARS FOR DOING A STATE INSPECTIO SO THEY LOOK FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN UPCHARGE FOR THERE IS NO ONE DETERMINING WHEREHEADLIGHTS ARE AIMED THERE IS A MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM HEADLIGHT TAILIGHT SPECIFICATIONhttps://texas.public.law/statutes/tex._transp._code_section_547.321

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My county will still require them.

So will 16 others.
    1686601991188.png

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Twobravo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Tulsa
    Texas will be dropping state vehicle inspections in 18 months (except counties that have emissions inspection):

Like Oklahoma and the lottery Texas should have ditched the safety sticker a long time ago. But you do have some of the best highways and roads around! Very nice bridges. Probably helped pay for some of those but who knows.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Just curious, does anyone know of anyone being pulled over for no front plate? I know several guys who drive daily with no front plate.

Many municipalities will do so - was pulled over by county a couple of weeks ago. He was all gung-ho until I suggested he look at my rear license plate again - the one dated '47 w/the "Antique Auto" tag stuck on a little metal tab bolted to the plate.....LOL!!! NO inspections on 'em, register 'em every 5 years and they can KMA w/regards to turn signals and seat belts.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thank goodness I can finally delete the cat pee smelling fluid I pour in the ol lady’s rig, delete said stystem, a get a proper clean burning tune on the tdi.

Good luck - just know that the Feds can/will still enforce it. Several shops have gotten huge fines in recent months for doing deletes, as well as a few individuals. One guy had to destroy his truck because the cost to restore it was prohibitive.

Twobravo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Tulsa
    I do remember it being a pain in the ass getting a safety sticker every now and then years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Good luck - just know that the Feds can/will still enforce it. Several shops have gotten huge fines in recent months for doing deletes, as well as a few individuals. One guy had to destroy his truck because the cost to restore it was prohibitive.
    I’m well aware of the risk involved however it’s not a commercial vechicle but the likely hood of the fed boys just randomly pulling me over a random emission check is close to zero.
    It’s not gonna be rolling coal as the kids call it just efficient plus I can do the hardware stuff myself an also upload a tune it’s easy work.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    some peopl just won't get things fixed unless it means they can't get the vehicle inspected! many times the problems were very apparent before the needed an ibspection done!
    A safety inspection and proof of insurance should be necessary to renew vehicle registration. A federal requirement for emissions testing should not forced on the local governments.

Top Bottom