• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    We got real lucky. It was the smaller of the two; it took out the corner of the carport but then missed the elec pedestal and landed between the deck and the pumphouse. The tree guy that we're hiring is coming out first thing in the morning to help clear it away... and my repair guy is coming too - I want his thinking before I call our insurance agent.

Joys of ownership. :D

brb...editing in pics from phone. Stood in downpour to take them.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    We got real lucky. It was the smaller of the two; it took out the corner of the carport but then missed the elec pedestal and landed between the deck and the pumphouse. The tree guy that we're hiring is coming out first thing in the morning to help clear it away... and my repair guy is coming too - I want his thinking before I call our insurance agent.

Joys of ownership. :D

brb...editing in pics from phone. Stood in downpour to take them.
    Don’t touch anything without calling insurance or having the workers document everything in detail. If they have no experience with dealing with the insurance company don’t touch anything until insurance can inspect. By law they have a certain amount of days to inspect and approve repairs, if you skip that process they can deny coverage. FWIW.

MountainGirl

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    20240516_172638.jpg

20240516_172643.jpg

20240516_174543.jpg

20240516_172822.jpg

That last pic is what we can see re damage so far. Still blowing hard, other tree twisting like a sumbeech. Prayers welcome.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    That last pic is what we can see re damage so far. Still blowing hard, other tree twisting like a sumbeech. Prayers welcome.
    Sure am glad the Ivy is ok. :green:

I'm about 65 miles west of you and winds have calmed significantly in the past @20min.
    Hope you've seen the worst of damages.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    We are good here at the house but just got a text that we have a district meeting because reports are coming in that we have some damage on the district. I'll hear how bad in the morning at 7. Praying it isn't too bad.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Don’t touch anything without calling insurance or having the workers document everything in detail. If they have no experience with dealing with the insurance company don’t touch anything until insurance can inspect. By law they have a certain amount of days to inspect and approve repairs, if you skip that process they can deny coverage. FWIW.
    Thank you for this.
    I contacted our agent last night, got the OK to clear the tree this morning, will send him requested pics & talk to him again this morning. Might not file a claim if the repairs are less than the deductible. Too soon to know that though.
    Again, thanks. Wouldn't have thought about it otherwise. :)

Add: Just learned our insurance deductible is over $5k. :(

1000000044.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom