• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    AI's are no fun, I just hang up on them. But if there is an actual person, I ask them if their mother knows that they are telephone whores.
    They are just trying to earn a living.

Would you rather have them on welfare or trying to make a living (probably in a job they hate)?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Would you rather have them on welfare or trying to make a living (probably in a job they hate)?

Yes. Because what they're doing now is defrauding people, mostly elderly on fixed income who tend to be more suggestible. So welfare is better than being a criminal, and so is doing a job they hate.

Never, ever buy anything that is offered to you with a cold call. It will be too good to be true and you'll lose money. If they claim to be with a major company, tell them you'll call the customer service line to get back in touch with them. Then call the actual company to hear about how you were almost scammed.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yes. Because what they're doing now is defrauding people, mostly elderly on fixed income who tend to be more suggestible. So welfare is better than being a criminal, and so is doing a job they hate.

Never, ever buy anything that is offered to you with a cold call. It will be too good to be true and you'll lose money. If they claim to be with a major company, tell them you'll call the customer service line to get back in touch with them. Then call the actual company to hear about how you were almost scammed.
    Not all telemarketers are crooks committing scams. Some certainly are, I acknowledge.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not all telemarketers are crooks committing scams. Some certainly are, I acknowledge.

If they're cold-calling people at home, they probably are. They're at best...sketchy. Cold calling businesses is one thing. But when you're calling private numbers and trying to hit them with a hard sell, then you need to re-evaluate the kind of person you are.

Of the calls I receive from telemarketers, 10% want to buy my house and the other 90% have Indian accents and are trying to scam me out of money either with fake Medicare benefits, fake funeral arrangements, or fake stock investing "assistance".

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Why does anyone answer a call from a number they don't recognize?
    Let it go to voice mail. It can only take a few seconds.
    If legitimate call the number back.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    My wife received a call from Spectrum yesterday offering to reduce our monthly bill by 50% over the next 36 months. I called back today and everything sounded legit until they said "in order to qualify for this promotion we had to pay 6 months up front".

My BS alarm immediately went off and I hung up. Called the spectrum customer service number and they confirmed this scam started a few days ago. They are using several different phone numbers.

If it sounds to good to be true.........
    Hey OP,

Was working out the garage couple months ago..

Got a text from my bank saying someone had tried to use debit card, out of state...

I replied to text that NO...had not/did not...

They started to ask questions (I was busy, doing dentition on a hoe...welding new teeth on back hoe).....I did not respond when they wanted me to type in my SSI number.

Went to bank next day...changed debit card & debit card numbers....

Lady at bank says that is a SCAM....Comes up on your phone...looks legit from BANK....

Think? She said it was a "phishing" scam? They try to sucker you out of your account numbers & bleed you?

Later, Mark

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Well, there was the one time I answered one late at night from an unfamiliar number...and it was a cop telling me I needed to come get my son.

There's also the school that might be calling with something regarding my daughter, or the call back I was promised from the doctor's office that doesn't always show up as the trunk number, or the various contacts I've lost out of my phone over the years (missed one from my aunt because her number was no longer in my phone and I let it go to voicemail).

And, if you're me, you have a certain amount of fun pissing the scammers off.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    If they're cold-calling people at home, they probably are. They're at best...sketchy. Cold calling businesses is one thing. But when you're calling private numbers and trying to hit them with a hard sell, then you need to re-evaluate the kind of person you are.

Of the calls I receive from telemarketers, 10% want to buy my house and the other 90% have Indian accents and are trying to scam me out of money either with fake Medicare benefits, fake funeral arrangements, or fake stock investing "assistance".
    Hey GZ,

Good point!

After my Bride passed?

I got numerous calls, letters, emails, txts from SCAMMER FIRMS! (just had one a couple weeks ago...she's been gone for 3-1/2yrs, now)

There is a whole "industry" CULT OF SCAMMERS that prey on the bereaved....

If? A recently widowed/widower were to receive any calls, letter, emails, txts from these "firms"...and they do look legit...contact the BBB before even opening an email or txt...

These firms SCAM JOBS have all kinds of nasty tricks....

Need to be like the referee in the boxing ring....PROTECT YOUR SELF! AT ALL TIMES!

Later, Mark

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Well, there was the one time I answered one late at night from an unfamiliar number...and it was a cop telling me I needed to come get my son.

There's also the school that might be calling with something regarding my daughter, or the call back I was promised from the doctor's office that doesn't always show up as the trunk number, or the various contacts I've lost out of my phone over the years (missed one from my aunt because her number was no longer in my phone and I let it go to voicemail).

And, if you're me, you have a certain amount of fun pissing the scammers off.
    If they have nothing more productive than to call my number then I owe it to them waste their time as they have mine.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Here?

The SCAMMER/SLIME PUKES?

They use a local number? One uses my cousins number!

I've been out...see the caller ID. Call her...she says, "Oh no, I did not call."

This is for the SCAM JOB electric rip off...

Then there is the fake insurance scam....that comes up as the local market...(he is going around with phone company/lawyer to make them stop using his number in their scam krap)

Later, Mark

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania

No.

Would much rather see them celebrate a good

EAR NAILING!

1702654943025.png

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

It's rough out there. Hot or cold weather and the good locations are already taken for the 'Out of work' beggars.
    Can't work from home and they expect you to show up according to a schedule.

Top Bottom