• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Apparently Sons of Guns DAMAGE control is working fast and furious to stamp these videos out.

Basically, she was supposed to be shooting a DEAGLE .50AE and they cut in a Beretta 92 9mm.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I've actually thought of doing that myself, lol... I'm not really a fan of .50ae, but i think one in .44mag would be fun, and to a certain extend useful. Would be fun to do a little hunting with it.

It's not a bad idea. But you get in a home maker looking motherly type come to the shop with a DE who thinks it's a "great gun" but at the same time thinks it's too powerful big and awkward and suggest putting at least $200, 1 to 12 months for NFA wait then $200 - $300 of shop time into the gun I call BS on the whole thing.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well the producers may have screwed her by cutting the shot, but I don't think so. Okne shot had her lemon facing and flinching with a beretta 92. Seems staged. Who knows!

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I feel so dumb. Watched the original. Watched one of the links above. Watched the new link twice. Still couldn't figure it out. Watched it a 3rd time and now I see it clearly. Think I need new glasses.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Well the producers may have screwed her by cutting the shot, but I don't think so. Okne shot had her lemon facing and flinching with a beretta 92. Seems staged. Who knows!

I watched the video before I read the comments and I was at first like that looks like the rear of a 92 slide but then again i was like OK maybe I'm wrong because I don't have much experience in 92's or desert eagles. But now it seems after going back and reading the comments that we're all thinking the same damn thing.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    The whole thing about SBRing a desert eagle isn't completely unheard of as they sell the uppers to SBR a Glock or a 1911

SBRing an DE is cool. No issue there.

To pretend to solve the problem for a woman who came in with an issue because she loves the gun but doesn't like the size, power and how hard it is to shoot it is a line of BS a mile wide. The idea that SBRing is a great way of resolving that issue is another line of BS when they should have traded her a Beretta 92F for the DE.

By the way, I think it's wrong to blame Red Jacket for TV editing or plot thickening by the producers. Just want to point out, although entertaining, these shows have a bunch of BS in them to enhance the experiences.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Here's another link to the video that I found last night. http://www.dump.com/2011/08/25/nice...can-see-shes-not-firing-a-desert-eagle-video/

After I finally watched it, I literally lol'd... I bet what happened is she shot the DE, but they needed a second take and she said "no way I'm shoot'n tha thang again..." Or maybe the lady that had it already left.

Here's a Desert Eagle carbine conversion
    vomit-smiley-9531.gif

1273521385.jpg

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Desert eagle after being SBR'd looks like a badass bullpup which in 50ae would be an awesome SWAT clearing tool.

The 50ae would be an awesome SWAT clearing tool except for the overpenetration, muzzle flash and ear splitting sound.

Then all it needs then is a silencer for the .50ae, and fragmenting bullets all can be had for $$$$$$$$ from Red Jacket.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    The 50ae would be an awesome SWAT clearing tool except for the overpenetration, muzzle flash and ear splitting sound.

Then all it needs then is a silencer for the .50ae, and fragmenting bullets all can be had for $$$$$$$$ from Red Jacket.

maybe they could retrofit the MK19 suppressor, "no, silencer" on the .50ae.

Top Bottom