• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wisehybred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Temple, Tx
    I have a DDM4V5 lower and love the hell out of it, but recently got hit by the NFA bug. My trust has been setup and want to build an SBR/suppressor setup for no particular reason other than "I can" (no pun in intended ) I have been doing research on multiple uppers chambered in .300 and have narrowed it down to the spikes tactical 10.0" upper with one of their three options in hand-gaurds and the Noveske 10.5". Anyone have experience with either of these uppers? I have no real concerns about ammo prices as they aren't really that bad to be honest. I will be using a SWR Octain 9HD 2 for the suppressor. Would like opinions on the matter. This will primarily be for range shooting.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    300.jpg

Wisehybred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Temple, Tx
    300 blackout SBR/Suppressed, shooting subsonic ammo is similar to sex without all the noise.

This is what I have heard. Cant wait to have sexy time with an SBR and suppressor! If only they made cans with larger diameter holes at the business end (not attached to the firearm of course)

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    That 100 round double drum is just for the picture (yes that is made for the .223 and the beautiful part is that the 300 blackout fits it since it is the same size casing as the .223). I put in the 30 round and stalk the piggies at night.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Seems like it would be a lot cheaper to put together an SBR (5.56 or 300 BlkOut) to buy (or build) a pistol and then upon receiving the SBR stamp, just put a stock on it. Wouldn't it already be tuned for the short barrel? Then one is only out the initial cost of a pistol, the stamp, and the stock (relatively inexpensive). I just figured a stock is a lot cheaper that buying a short barrel and installing it (or even getting the existing barrel shortened and threaded) and then tuning for the shortened barrel. Am I missing something?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Shotgun News has an article on the .300 Blackout this week, and how it compares to the 7.62x39. Easy to pick up a copy at the local grocery store and take a look, plus all the other cool stuff in there.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You guys are talking in codes again. SBR, BGC, AAC. Confused.

So are all the 300Blk's pistols with suppressors? I was under the impression they were AR rifles...

I need a lesson here I guess.

Top Bottom