• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Some people ought to go to jail over this.
    The electric bills we pay are so high and we have infrastructure that can't this? Incompetent bass turds. Where the hell has the money been going...
    certainly NOT reinvested into more modern and stronger equipment. It's criminal. Heads should roll... (maybe literally).

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Devil's advocate: would you have agreed to pay an extra 5 - 10% per month on your electric bill for the past couple of decades in order to build out the infrastructure needed to prepare for the possibility of an event like this happening?

I remember years ago when Suzy Azar was mayor of EP they wanted to raise water bills to pay to improve flood infrastructure in case EP was hit by something like a hundred year flood. There was outrage, plan did a lead zeppelin.

Then the flood of 2006 hit... soon after water bills were raised with little opposition to improve flood infrastructure.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Meh, ill play devil's advocate here...

Back in 2011, the exact thing that is happening to you guys this week, happened to us here El Paso.

No one in Texas cared, thus I now return the sentiment. Haha, my"evil laugh" :what: while sitting with my working Wifi, at 72 degrees, with another storm forecasted to come in and not a care in the world.

iMac

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    North Texas
    Meh, ill play devil's advocate here...

Back in 2011, the exact thing that is happening to you guys this week, happened to us here El Paso.

No one in Texas cared, thus I now return the sentiment. Haha, my"evil laugh" :what: while sitting with my working Wifi, at 72 degrees, with another storm forecasted to come in and not a care in the world.

It is a little different when just one little part of Texas has these issues and when most of the state has them.
    El Paso is a secluded town far away from most Texans that is closer to California than to Houston.
    So believe me if we get these power issues fixed they won’t stretch all of the way to El Paso. But maybe you can get some help from California. Or Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some people ought to go to jail over this.
    The electric bills we pay are so high and we have infrastructure that can't this? Incompetent bass turds. Where the hell has the money been going...
    certainly NOT reinvested into more modern and stronger equipment. It's criminal. Heads should roll... (maybe literally).
    This is what a in a 100 year storm? So are you going to invest in a pair of snowshoes?
    Yes we will need more power plants built, but how many outages are from tree limbs taking out lines?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    The natural gas wellheads froze.

Then someone forgot to order or turn on the Methanol injection to keep them from freezing up.
    When I was in the Oil & Gas fields, we had the Methanol tanks filled and ready month's before cold weather hit. Then once it got cold, all we had to do was turn on some valves to keep things from freezing up.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I agree with the sentiment here. It's not really about customers paying for new infrastructure when this was not an infrastructure failure, this was an incompetent management failure.
    They KNEW the cold was coming and they failed to prepare. They could have pre-ordered electricity from Mexico or New Mexico. (actually there is no need to pre-order, just pick up the damn red phone, call 'em up and ask to buy some juice instantly)
    They could have ensured reliable gas supply.
    They did not have to cave to the new-green-deal morons and close down useful powerplants.
    They could have ordered mayors to conserve power in their cities and lead by example. The pictures of lit up skylines of every major city are infuriating.
    They could have managed the rolling blackouts properly to keep them rolling. Instead, they started with the first wave of victims and never actually rolled over to another neighborhood. We have people here who have not had power or water in 2.5 days. And we never lost power. That was a huge eff up for real.
    So all-in-all, I don't blame the infrastructure. I blame the incompetent people in key positions. This was a human failure.

Top Bottom