• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    This is what my son and I had for dinner last night. We caught them at our stock tank...

Summer 2010-snake&#.jpg

Summer 2010-snake&#.jpg

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    It wasn't much in the way of a large meal. Still, it was a great experience to share with my sons. They got to see the what happens from killing, gutting, skinning, and eating.

"Those things will put your eye out"..............Too damn funny!

Yup, some beans and bread (a beer in my case) and a soda make for a couple of happy guys.

These two had bellies full of fish.......

Craig

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Awesome

it wasn't much in the way of a large meal. Still, it was a great experience to share with my sons. They got to see the what happens from killing, gutting, skinning, and eating.

"those things will put your eye out"..............too damn funny!

Yup, some beans and bread (a beer in my case) and a soda make for a couple of happy guys.

These two had bellies full of fish.......

Craig

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Snakes have more meat on them than you would think. Their mostly muscle.
    I have eaten Rattle Snake before, it was tasty and I liked it. I never cleaned or cooked it myself, but im not opposed to it either.
    Im not clear if you can eat other kinds of snakes but I wouldnt suggest it either. Cleaning a water moccison doesnt sound like something I would want to do..
    I guess im going to have to kill a Rattler now just to satisfy my thoughts.. If I get bit, Im blamin yall !

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Snakes have more meat on them than you would think. Their mostly muscle.
    I have eaten Rattle Snake before, it was tasty and I liked it. I never cleaned or cooked it myself, but im not opposed to it either.
    Im not clear if you can eat other kinds of snakes but I wouldnt suggest it either. Cleaning a water moccison doesnt sound like something I would want to do..
    I guess im going to have to kill a Rattler now just to satisfy my thoughts.. If I get bit, Im blamin yall !

If you do, I know a good hospital you can go to.

Craig

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Looks good to me.

I'm watching a show called "the colony". It's a survivor type situation with a bunch of yuppies. First day they had a snake come in camp with them and they killed it then threw it away. Now they've had some time in there they are eating anoles....I bet they wish they had that snake.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i still cant believe you cooked it. ya goota jsut make like they are ane ar fo corn! grab each end and start munching. (watch out for bones)

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Well, everybody to their own notion like the old lady that kissed the cow, BUT...even though I have eaten barbequed rattlesnake once, I reckon I'll stick to chickens, catfish and beef & pork.
    But I confess to eating octopus and squid in the Far East and liked both. And years and years ago in my travels to Mexico Border Towns I have dined on lots of enchiladas, tamales and etc. which one of our ranch hands once told me might contain dog, cat, burro...With enough Carta Blanca beer back then we could have cared less.

Top Bottom