• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Slow smoked carnitas, crank the temp up to 375 for enchiladas. Best yet.

upload_2020-7-25_19-10-59.jpeg
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-25_19-10-59.jpeg
      upload_2020-7-25_19-10-59.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 634

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Next weekend I’m trying barbacoa on the smoker. Can’t wait
    One store I worked ate got a beef head instead of beef back ribs we ordered. So I wrapped it priced it & put it out were I had a hole to fill in a freezer. It sold real fast so we order 2 more, Karen writes in complaing about the ritual sacrificial heads in the freezer.

Are you going to buy cheeks or a whole head? Down in the hole gives you more even temps.

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Not sure yet. Ima call Jackson Bros meats in Post, TX tues and pick it up on my way home on Friday. See what’s in stock I guess

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    One store I worked ate got a beef head instead of beef back ribs we ordered. So I wrapped it priced it & put it out were I had a hole to fill in a freezer. It sold real fast so we order 2 more, Karen writes in complaing about the ritual sacrificial heads in the freezer.

Are you going to buy cheeks or a whole head? Down in the hole gives you more even temps.
    Fuckin Karen’s

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Not sure yet. Ima call Jackson Bros meats in Post, TX tues and pick it up on my way home on Friday. See what’s in stock I guess

Little neighborhood taco joint had great shrimp & barabcoa tacos that I ate all the time. One after noon I was eating a late lunch & saw the head cook chopping skirts. I figured because they were not trimmed she used them for her barbacoa.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Years ago I was tasked with cooking whole pigs. The guy I worked for wanted to cook 3 pigs, 3 different ways. The fires were started the pigs prepped & soon the air was fragrant with pork. This was a set up weekend so other employees were around all wondering if it was done yet?

These pigs were really nice & freshly slaughtered. I noticed the kidneys came with them & everyone seemed hungry. So I butterflied the kidneys & grilled them perfectly then offered samples. Everyone was ranting & raving asking what I just fed them. My reply of piss pumps caught 90% of them confused! When I relieved kidneys a few thought they were short changed!

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Get a butt or two or three (3 in the pic)
    Cut them into 2x3 pieces
    Take cereal bowl:
    Dust the bottom with cumin
    Go by feel with onion powder, oregano, S&P, and I used a NM red chili pepper my ma brought back from her last visit to Santa Fe, probably 1 cup of that (whole bag)

smoke 2 hrs 225-250, your call
    Prepare broth (2-veg broth, lotsa onions on bottom 3-4 cloves garlic)
    Put broth in at 2 hours to heat up
    Put pork in broth when you get the color you want (pork starts to be softish, about to break easily)

Put Pork in broth And cover in foil
    Let it go for another 2-3 hrs

verde sauce
    8 tomatillos
    8 big serranos
    2 onions skinned
    Put em in the smoker for 45 minutes
    Throw em in a blender with seasonings of your choice , (Salt amd garlic is all I use)
    Blend well

Top Bottom