Military Camp

Silencer shop ssys they have seen as quick as 6 day approvals since Eforms went live.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    In 2013 when the original EFILE was instituted I received a suppressor in 31 days from filing. I only had one delivered before the “system went down”. The rest were 3 months to 14 months. Good luck all!
    Lynx Defense

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    My e-form took 8 months. I have a Trust, have already gotten approved forms/tax stamp on two previous suppressors. I keep hearing about the miracle approvals, but I haven't actually met anyone who has had a "miracle" from the ATF.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ATF was estimating 90 days on their site for eforms awhile back. Mine blew right past that about 2 months ago. I'm on day 150.

Mine's through Silencer Central, not Silencer Shop BTW. Their site says that they are getting eform approvals from March/April 2022 now.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglass Adams. Also, every government agency I've ever dealt with.

If enough people complain, and if they can get more funding, the ATF could hire more people to process applications. That is a bureaucrat's wet dream. More people means more office space, less chance of being fired, more levels of management (with pay scales), etc. And not one single person will work any harder than the minimum to keep their job.

Kakistocracy.

The idiots running the government and their willing fools in the media still believe that a silencer will make pistols as quiet as they do in the movies. They also believe that dead people should be allowed to vote, that black people aren't capable of obtaining a driver's license or other form of ID, that money comes from a printing press, and that Joe Biden is not in late stage dementia.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    ATF was estimating 90 days on their site for eforms awhile back. Mine blew right past that about 2 months ago. I'm on day 150.

Mine's through Silencer Central, not Silencer Shop BTW. Their site says that they are getting eform approvals from March/April 2022 now.
    What a joke.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    Obviously, they did not anticipate thousands of applcations to come in upon announcement.
    I'd like to think there has to be a way to easily systemically process digital applications.

Scrub the key details off and run them through a quick query that generates a Yes / No / Maybe. Send the maybes to ATF humans.

It'd have to save a ton of money in the long run vs having humans look at each and every one.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Got my electronic confirmation from ATF on 22 December 2022 for an e-filed can from 17 March 2022. This was in person, through Silencer Shop. Ninety days, my ass.

still have two more e-files from January 2022 outstanding.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Mine is going in on Saturday. Hope for the 90 day wait but realistically next years Christmas present to myself. Two prior approvals behind me.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Got my electronic confirmation from ATF on 22 December 2022 for an e-filed can from 17 March 2022. This was in person, through Silencer Shop. Ninety days, my ass.

still have two more e-files from January 2022 outstanding.

If your January E-files are still waiting and they get approved that will make you the current longest wait. holy crap.

Top Bottom