• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Well I know I have read various precautionary measures that some of the people on here have about a SHTF scenario but does anyone have an actual plan to survive the first couple of weeks or months? I know I have been thinking about it and have so many different scenarios that run through my head I was just seeing if anyone else has maybe thought out a plan on what they would do....
    Capitol Armory ad

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I always keep enough gas in my vehicle to get home to kingwood in the event of SHTF.

A much better option than my 450 dollar a month plywood apartment.

I have lots of canned seafood, bottled water, a good cleanable water filter.

My xterra can provide shelter and transportation until it runs out of gas.

I have about 1000 bucks in cash out of the bank.

I have 4 handguns, an ar and a 19" sawn off shotgun with allot of ammo.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Levels of protection/precaution/preparation.

1st vehicle: Rifle and Pistols, food, water and supplies for 4 days, prepackaged and in a form that I can carry if I have to walk home. (I remember Allison, when many got caught without a way to get home.)
    2nd home: Enough food to last a minimum of 45 days. (water containers can be pre-filled)
    3rd evacuate to family land if needed. Majority of supplies preloaded on to 4x4 wheeler trailer. Can be ready to roll in less than 1 hour for 1 1/2-2 month stay.
    All can be enhanced if needed in short order.

Got some really good information regarding preparation for a possible future event here in the U.S. based on past history in Argentina. If you want to practical, real life accounts of a similar event to what is predicted for this summer, check out this site. The articles are from someone who has lived it, not just guessing what it will be like. SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA

I don't believe that a full blown SHTF event, but a series of smaller crisis are probably closer to what will happen. Events like those that have happened in Egypt, Greece, Japan, etc. are in my judgement closer to happening here.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I have a buh out bag with enough food, water, supplies to keep me alive and somewhat comfortable for about 3 days. That's about all I have now. But now I have an AR and a job, ill prbably prepare a smaller bug out bag with magazines, ammo, and other stuff that ill keep in my truck.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Cannibalism.

Interesting.. So, how does one go about choosing? By that I mean would size, shape, age, color, height, weight, gender or other demographics come into play when choosing a meal? One would think lean, but who knows, as I don't have an opinion on the subject. I've never had the opportunity to sample, nor would I care to. However, given the right set of circumstances I'd say it's not completely out of the question.

Funny thing about people..You never know what you will do until faced with the Extreme! LMAO

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Yep, I have a number of plans based on different survival scenarios. One thing to point out is forget about cash, stock up or otherwise have available items to barter with. If things get really bad cash money will be only usable for toilet paper.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Dude, don't forget the hotsauce. Jalapeno tabasco sauce is kinda good too. ;)

I'm more of a Texas Pete hot sauce kind of guy.

Randman said:
    Interesting.. So, how does one go about choosing? By that I mean would size, shape, age, color, height, weight, gender or other demographics come into play when choosing a meal? One would think lean, but who knows, as I don't have an opinion on the subject. I've never had the opportunity to sample, nor would I care to. However, given the right set of circumstances I'd say it's not completely out of the question.

Funny thing about people..You never know what you will do until faced with the Extreme! LMAO

I'm not one to descriminate but I could see, to some degree, being a sizeist in this particular scenario. This requires some amount of explanation. An unfit fatty will be easy to run down and present less difficulty "hunting" than a fit person would. One must also consider how armed the individual is and whether or not they are aware of their surroundings. I'd be more willing to recruit an armed and fit individual into my cannibal gang than a sad fatty who would just end up on my Foreman grill... dripping the juices off into the little collection pan.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm more of a Texas Pete hot sauce kind of guy.

I'm not one to descriminate but I could see, to some degree, being a sizeist in this particular scenario. This requires some amount of explanation. An unfit fatty will be easy to run down and present less difficulty "hunting" than a fit person would. One must also consider how armed the individual is and whether or not they are aware of their surroundings. I'd be more willing to recruit an armed and fit individual into my cannibal gang than a sad fatty who would just end up on my Foreman grill... dripping the juices off into the little collection pan.

We should start a group. Our logo could be George Foreman. ;) lol Hopefully no one takes this seriously.

Top Bottom