• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    Ever since I got my LTC, I've been showing that to the police officer along with my TXDL every time I get into my numerous pull over encounters. They always seem appreciative when I do that and I almost feel as if it increases my odds of not getting a ticket. Anyone feel the same way?

One time though, I was so dumb, after getting me for speeding, he said he appreciated me showing my LTC, and when he came back after writing stuff down, he said "Today is your lucky day, can I just see your insurance please?" I didn't have my insurance and got a ticket lmao. whoops.
    Military Camp

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I show this every week when I get stopped.

Has not let me down yet.

clover-512-1189959243.png

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    If you are carrying, you are required by law to show your LTC when asked for ID by an LEO...

....although they removed the penalty for not doing so....

but you learned that in the class......

only 18 more posts to go!
    I did, I learned it from Kenneth Lease. I wasn't implying I didn't know, I was just making the observation that officers seem to be in a better mood after I show them.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And that written "warning" is listed on your record so the next time you are stopped and they see you are still not following the law, each "warning" increases your chance of getting a ticket.

A verbal warning is not recorded other than unless that officer gets you again the next day and remembers you lol.

One officer told me that they can change a warning to an actual ticket if you are caught doing the same thing in xxxx amount of days. No clue if that is true or not as I have only been pulled over 5 times in my 40 ish years of driving.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I was taught when you get pulled over to put your license and CHL on the dash. That way he sees it before he gets there. Got my LTC over 15 years ago when it was CHL. I did get pulled over on I-10 one time by DPS, he asked where my gun was and I told him on my hip, he said that's fine. Didn't get a ticket, just a warning, had a Camaro with no front plate.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Ever since I got my LTC, I've been showing that to the police officer along with my TXDL every time I get into my numerous pull over encounters. They always seem appreciative when I do that and I almost feel as if it increases my odds of not getting a ticket. Anyone feel the same way?

One time though, I was so dumb, after getting me for speeding, he said he appreciated me showing my LTC, and when he came back after writing stuff down, he said "Today is your lucky day, can I just see your insurance please?" I didn't have my insurance and got a ticket lmao. whoops.
    Obeying the traffic laws has greatly reduced the number of my encounters with police officers in my experience.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I have had it go both ways. Pulled over for excess speed, get a waning. But all three times it was less than 10 over. So per my LEO SIL it was something else but they won’t tell you that. Got a written warning two times. Right on the warning it says there is no record which I truly believe (not). Then I get pulled over for 26 over and no consideration. Although the deputy had a real attitude

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Totally agree that LTC increases your chance of not getting a ticket. At least three times I’ve been told by the officer that pulled me over that he wasn’t citing me because of the LTC including a trooper in New Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    How are you getting pulled over so much? I drive 40-50,000 miles per year ( passenger vehicle) all over the CONUS and ( knock on wood) am rarely stopped. And I drive to the road conditions and consider the signs on the highway more of a suggestion than an imperative.

Sounds like you should spend a few bucks on a REAL defensive driving class.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My experience is the same. With one exception, only warnings since getting the CHL. Although I would not say I have been stopped on "numerous" occasions.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    And that written "warning" is listed on your record so the next time you are stopped and they see you are still not following the law, each "warning" increases your chance of getting a ticket.

A verbal warning is not recorded other than unless that officer gets you again the next day and remembers you lol.

One officer told me that they can change a warning to an actual ticket if you are caught doing the same thing in xxxx amount of days. No clue if that is true or not as I have only been pulled over 5 times in my 40 ish years of driving.
    I wondered about this too, but from my experience of my apparently now legendary "numerous stops" they don't get recorded. I thought they would get recorded and I'd get a ticket the next time for sure, but that's just never been the case so far. I just got another warning. I've gotten the written ones about 4 times now, verbal twice. Perhaps there's a limit on how many days the written warning remains in the system before it's excused? I don't remember exactly, but I believe I wouldn't get pulled over more than once every four months.

Top Bottom