SHOT 2017

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
I've been a couple times. Gun lover overload. I know a FFL holder that got me access as one of his researchers, I think that's the classification on the pass I had. It is so big and busy I understand why the general public isn't allowed and it's limited to industry related folks. It would be nearly unpassable if it was open to everyone.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
Jun 6, 2011
The Woodlands
What exactly does it take to get in the door? You have to be in the industry somehow right?
Correct, but it's not that hard. I had a buddy who wanted to go one year who was "thinking" about getting into the industry. They just made him fill out a form announcing his intention and approved him. If you have a decent relationship with any FFL, they should be able to get you in.

SHOT is something every gun nut should go to at least once. TXI is correct, it's usually in Vegas during mid January. Though long ago I seem to remember going to a SHOT in Orlando if I'm not mistaken. I was a kid then.

As others said, it's almost impassable. Wall to wall guns gear etc. For anyone who has been to NRA, this is like 20 times the size and scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rebel

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Aug 20, 2014
Unfortunately it's not in the cards this year, but I will shoot for next year.

Top Bottom