• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've been a couple times. Gun lover overload. I know a FFL holder that got me access as one of his researchers, I think that's the classification on the pass I had. It is so big and busy I understand why the general public isn't allowed and it's limited to industry related folks. It would be nearly unpassable if it was open to everyone.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    What exactly does it take to get in the door? You have to be in the industry somehow right?

Correct, but it's not that hard. I had a buddy who wanted to go one year who was "thinking" about getting into the industry. They just made him fill out a form announcing his intention and approved him. If you have a decent relationship with any FFL, they should be able to get you in.

SHOT is something every gun nut should go to at least once. TXI is correct, it's usually in Vegas during mid January. Though long ago I seem to remember going to a SHOT in Orlando if I'm not mistaken. I was a kid then.

As others said, it's almost impassable. Wall to wall guns gear etc. For anyone who has been to NRA, this is like 20 times the size and scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Unfortunately it's not in the cards this year, but I will shoot for next year.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've been wanting to go to SHOT for years. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, another matter, opportunity, trip has arisen.

Please get buku pics for us to drool over.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I always go. This year I am in Mirage.

It used to move around, but as it got bigger there were limited venues to host it. Last time it was NOT in Vegas it was in Orlando. They had it in Dallas back in the 90s. Right now it is booked to be in Vegas for the next few years.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    ...which is strange for Vegas...

As usual, condo booked...only seven of us from Dreadnaught attending this time.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Attended when it was in Houston, '86 & '93. They used to move it around a bit; Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Vegas, Orlando. Lately Vegas has a lock on it.

Top Bottom